The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-03-2024, 12:46 PM   #1
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: April 30, 1975 in Vietnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Sr View Post
My step father was in Vietnam in the Air Force. He was at a place called Monkey Mountain, he really never talked about his time there!!! He passed recently in Jan 2024. Thanks Bob!!!
Nor my stepdad. He only spoke of a gal who when he returned "my boobs just got big" or something like, and communications. That and the reason he had a slight gimp. Strong gate though, and he stood up straight until the days he died, at 89. Never complained or selfish. Smoked cigs and pipe. Drank scotch until he quit cold turkey at 83-84. Retired 1976, and only worked for his interests, including a farm in WV, where he and first wife labored their house built of rock. Then he moved out west, my mom's childhood sweetheart.

My girlfriend's dad flew air force in Vietnam as well, he's 83 and doing real well. Doesn't talk about Vietnam, but in his case, he's always on the go. Dude's a trip, and no, he can't entice me with $ or property to marry his daughter. Geeezuzzzzzzz
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote