The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-20-2010, 12:34 AM   #1
jimig1

Front End

OK I have been searching the forums for a while and have only found a few posts but looking for more input. I want to put IFS in my 55.5 3100. I have been looking at all the options out there from putting on a clip to a MII front end to a frame swap. Looking at all of the posts that i have seen I think i'd like to try putting on a clip. I know that the 70-81 Camaro's will work and seems like it is not to hard to do. I looking to see what others will work. I have been looking for a Camaro and all that i have found have been a couple of thousand and though i need to broaden my search.
MSRA Member

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
-George Carlin
jimig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:56 AM   #2
mr48chev

Re: Front End

Take a look at this thread from a few days ago http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=4121931 The Jag setup appears to be a nice fit on these trucks and one saving factor is that you don't have to chop up the inner fenderwells. I have a bunch of Mustang II pieces collected but am seriously looking at going with Jag suspension on the 48.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:45 AM   #3
fabguy
Elev8r Man

Hello, Mine has a front clip out of a 1971 C-10 1/2 ton pick up. The frame width & height on both are almost Identical. It is spliced right in front of the cab mount, Engine sits high in the compartment where as w/ the other, it sits very low but you can usually find those frames for about 200 - 300.00 at your local wrecking yard. Also the steering box is on the outside of frame rail (a little more tricky for steering linkage)
fabguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:05 AM   #4
jimig1

Is that jag setup bolt-in? at least it looks like it from the pics
MSRA Member

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
-George Carlin
jimig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:29 PM   #5
raycow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimig1 View Post
I have been looking for a Camaro and all that i have found have been a couple of thousand and though i need to broaden my search.
Look at 75-79 Novas and their clones. These have basically the same front end as the 2nd gen Camaro and they sell for a fraction of the price (unless the seller knows about the interchange).

Ray
raycow is offline   Reply With Quote