The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
ConradBSomething

68 gauge bezel, not enough holes?

Soooo.... I've got a 68 stepside basket case I'm working on and at i have two gauge bezels both seven hole but mine is lights wiper and choke. The bezels I have are just wiper and lights. I need that third bottom left hole.

I was just about to but them on feeBay when I noticed hey have intentions in the back for two holes were the wiper, and (I think) throttle knobs would be.

So my question is, Could I just drill that hole out wear the wipers would be? It would say wiper above it, but that's cool with me. I guess the ones I have are in fairly good shape no cracks or what not, so I kinda hate to drill it, but the new and used correct ones I see for sale are usually $50 and up. I'm on a budget so dropping the dough when I could just make a hole seems silly.

Any one ever drill one? Is it blasphemy to drill? Am I being a cheapskate? Any one got the 7 gauge 3 knob model they would barter for two 2 knob Types. Ones bubbled wood grain sticker and the other black with chrome surround. Both scratched but not cracked. I just don't wanna hassle with eBay.

Any insight appreciated. : )
Posted via Mobile Device
ConradBSomething is offline   Reply With Quote