The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-11-2015, 10:12 AM   #1
mgore68

New member New truck

Thought I would say hello and tell you guys this site is great. I just bought a 70 c10 step side a couple weeks ago, front disk, power steering, 350 / 350 changed over to a floor shift and lowered. It needs a lot of love but actually looks pretty good at night. My daughter named it the Jesus truck because she said that it was built while he was alive but she is coming around.

It needs a complete restore on the interior and lots of other things. So far I have redone the complete brake system and I am now concentrating on redoing some electrical issues I am having. Gonna be a fun project for me and my boy since he has went car crazy lately.

My first ride was a 69 lwb with a 350 and 3 on the tree and I been wanting another ever since. My dream truck was a super swb fleet side but this thing just screamed hot rod when I ran up on it and I could not pass it up.

Name:  profile.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  25.7 KB
mgore68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:29 AM   #2
72again4x4

Re: New member New truck

Welcome and very good looking truck. Keep the pics coming.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:40 AM   #3
70cst

Hey mgore68 ...

from Ohio and to the forums and that is one truck.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:55 AM   #4
dfwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgore68 View Post
actually looks pretty good at night.
That's great. I think I'm going to have to steal that and use it myself! Welcome to the board, and that truck looks pretty good in the daylight in the photo!

Deconstruction began 5/2009, mostly completed restoration, 5/2017
dfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:48 AM   #5
specialtyretail
So,, what else you got???

Looks like a solid start. Hope you and the son enjoy it. I would get some wipers for it though. Thanks, Fred.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:18 PM   #6
mgore68

Wipers are now hooked up and installed. Progress is slow at a couple hours work here and there. Electrical is my main focus for the time being and then on to bigger and better. This thing has 295/50/16 white letter tires and they seem to be hard to find as I am going to need some new tread.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:12 PM   #7
specialtyretail

Quote:
Wipers are now hooked up and installed. Progress is slow at a couple hours work here and there. Electrical is my main focus for the time being and then on to bigger and better. This thing has 295/50/16 white letter tires and they seem to be hard to find as I am going to need some new tread.
That is the way to do it. Quick fixes instead of blowing the whole rig apart and losing interest.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:45 PM   #8
mgore68

A little update on the truck. I wound up going with some new tires that were not white letter but all I could find that suited me. They are a little smaller and work a lot better, no more tires rubbing on these bad local roads. It now drives like it's new.

I had a friend adjust the doors and they close great now, fixed some trans and power steering leaks with all new gaskets from this thing setting up. Got the passing gear hooked up that did not even have a cable and man this thing runs good. The guy helping me on the gaskets messed up by checking the oil pan bolts for tight and now it is leaking pretty bad so that is next on the list after I get the interior figured out and a console started.

As I said before the inside is a mess. Everything is oversprayed with paint below the dash and man what a mess, plus it's a completely different color along with new doors from a donor.. My son and I pulled the heater box out and I have a new gasket set ordered from LMC to replace it and install a heater core which was missing when I bought it. We sanded down the heater box and have it repainted and ready to install soon as the stuff shows up.

I also ordered vinyl and stuff to redo the door panels and I am building a custom console for it along with the door panels. It has bucket seats but not the correct ones but they will work.
Attached Images

Last edited by mgore68; 12-21-2015 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:22 PM   #9
cooperhw

Nice truck. I have a 68 step side myself.
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 05:45 PM   #10
specialtyretail

Going through some old threads. Any update on this truck? Thanks, Fred.
Old 12-20-2016, 05:57 PM   #11
mgore68

Yes, I have a build thread going that I update from time to time. I am in the middle of an engine build and some paint work as I type. I got it going good and was just driving and enjoying till the head gasket gave out a few weeks back. Link below should take you to the build thread. Let me know what you think so far and thanks for asking.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=692506
Old 12-20-2016, 06:32 PM   #12
specialtyretail

Quote:
Yes, I have a build thread going that I update from time to time. I am in the middle of an engine build and some paint work as I type. I got it going good and was just driving and enjoying till the head gasket gave out a few weeks back. Link below should take you to the build thread. Let me know what you think so far and thanks for asking.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=692506
cool......