The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-18-2016, 01:50 PM   #1
70cst

Door rod clips

hdff -- This post is being restarted as your two identical post were merged and somehow they disappeared... My apologies. Folks - lets try this again and please respond. Thanks

Does anyone know where I can get these clip locks? I got some from a catalog and tried to install them today and the hole is too small for the rod to fit thru. The rod is the link from the door handle to the door latch inside the. Anyone have any from a parts doner that they would like to sell? All I need is the clips not the rod. I could use 1 to 4 of them
Attached Images

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!

Last edited by 70cst; 12-18-2016 at 02:00 PM.
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 01:52 PM   #2
70cst

Re: Door rod clips

A few responses ...

I found an assorted box at Advance auto, I'm sure the other parts houses have them also...

I'm sure you're already aware, but for the door, some are left hand and some are right hand, and figuring out which is which if you don't have good pictures or notes, is lots of fun... ask me how I know.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

Old 12-18-2016, 01:55 PM   #3
davischevy

Were they Dorman brand?

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 06:22 PM   #4
Dustytrix

DORMAN 41016 Linkage Clip Assortment This is from rock auto, it will fit your doors 3 different sizes.
Dustytrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 11:27 PM   #5
'68OrangeSunshine

Also used inside tailgates, liftgates and hatches on Blazers and Suburbans.
Checker Auto used to carry them. O'Reilly has downsized a lot of the old chain's inventory, however.
Usually in the HELP! section.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 03:18 AM   #6
hdff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cst View Post
hdff -- This post is being restarted as your two identical post were merged and somehow they disappeared... My apologies. Folks - lets try this again and please respond. Thanks

Does anyone know where I can get these clip locks? I got some from a catalog and tried to install them today and the hole is too small for the rod to fit thru. The rod is the link from the door handle to the door latch inside the. Anyone have any from a parts doner that they would like to sell? All I need is the clips not the rod. I could use 1 to 4 of them
thanks 70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cst View Post
A few responses ...

I found an assorted box at Advance auto, I'm sure the other parts houses have them also...

I'm sure you're already aware, but for the door, some are left hand and some are right hand, and figuring out which is which if you don't have good pictures or notes, is lots of fun... ask me how I know.
I found some today in the HELP section at auto zone. I see what you mean about the left and right had me scratchin my head for a minute.....got it on but realized that I ordered/or they sent the wrong side handle mechanism. so I have to get the right one, hope fully this old guy that sells parts near me will have it... we'll see tomorrow.

on another note 70cst, i'll be up near ya ( new castle, in )after xmas, please usher that cold weather outta there for this texas boy.......

Don't argue with idiots, People watching may not be able to tell the difference...
There's someone in my head........But it's not me......

cheap tricks thread great info here!! http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
hdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:42 AM   #7
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdff View Post
thanks 70cst

I found some today in the HELP section at auto zone. I see what you mean about the left and right had me scratchin my head for a minute.....got it on but realized that I ordered/or they sent the wrong side handle mechanism. so I have to get the right one, hope fully this old guy that sells parts near me will have it... we'll see tomorrow.

on another note 70cst, i'll be up near ya ( new castle, in )after xmas, please usher that cold weather outta there for this texas boy.......

I will see what I can do about the weather ...

Old 12-19-2016, 08:50 PM   #8
Lattimer

I have ordered them from Classic Parts in the past. Only useful you are already buying other things due to the shipping costs.

1970 Chevy C-10 SWB, 350, TKO 600 5 speed
My build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559881
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 11:33 PM   #9
hdff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
I have ordered them from Classic Parts in the past. Only useful you are already buying other things due to the shipping costs.
i got some from classic and the hole was to small, I tried to drill it out but one side broke as you can see from the bottom pic. shipping was ok as I ordered some other stuff to..

well the old guy that sells parts from a building behind his house AKA "the hidden gem" had the door latch control, so now I need some time to get her put back together. I found out about this guy through the grapevine and he is literally 2.5 miles from my house. there is no sign, you pull up the driveway to the back side of his house , ring the bell on the fence and he comes out to open up the shop full of all kinds of new aftermarket parts. it is really sweet having him so close!!!

Don't argue with idiots, People watching may not be able to tell the difference...
There's someone in my head........But it's not me......

cheap tricks thread great info here!! http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
hdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 11:36 PM   #10
Lattimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdff View Post
i got some from classic and the hole was to small, I tried to drill it out but one side broke as you can see from the bottom pic. shipping was ok as I ordered some other stuff to..

well the old guy that sells parts from a building behind his house AKA "the hidden gem" had the door latch control, so now I need some time to get her put back together. I found out about this guy through the grapevine and he is literally 2.5 miles from my house. there is no sign, you pull up the driveway to the back side of his house , ring the bell on the fence and he comes out to open up the shop full of all kinds of new aftermarket parts. it is really sweet having him so close!!!

Hmmm. I bought a bunch of those clips a couple years ago and they fit fine. Maybe they changed suppliers...

1970 Chevy C-10 SWB, 350, TKO 600 5 speed
My build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559881
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote