The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-19-2016, 01:25 PM   #1
n33k0

Turn Signals and Brake Lights

Greetings,

My truck has a peculiar problem regarding the passenger side turn signal. If I activate the right (passenger) turn signal it will deactivate my brake lights until the turn signal is cancelled. The front turn signal will not flash; if I use a test light on connector coming through the radiator support it will flash on and off with the turn signal engaged, but the bulb will not flash. The rear right signal will flash as it should. If I slowly move the turn signal lever and hold it before the switch clicks and locks into place, I can get the right signal to flash without losing my brake lights. I'm guessing the issue is in the turn signal switch because of the funky behavior while partially engaging the turn signal lever. Any ideas where to start looking for problems?

Side note: I can barely switch lanes without the canceling cam shutting my turn signal off. Is there an easy way to adjust the turn signal canceling cam so I can get more than a couple centimeters of steering play before it cancels the blinker?
Old 12-19-2016, 03:16 PM   #2
demian5

Re: Turn Signals and Brake Lights

Cancelling cam issue is that your steering wheel isn't centered (I have this exact issues) or you possibly have other steering column or switch issues causing these items mentioned. I'd pull the steering wheel and give the switch a look over. They aren't hard to fix or freshen up and you may see your issue staring you in the face once it is exposed.

And word of advice, just buy the USA made switch and pass on the china switch if you have to replace it (from experience on my 64 impala0).
1983 K2500 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2
Instagram: C10sofOC
demian5 is offline   Reply With Quote