The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2023, 05:47 PM   #1
COLEFORBUS

Steering and brakes help

I finally made time to get out there and revive my blazer project. It’s a 71 4x4 jimmy. After new fuel pump, carburetor, rotor cap, wires, and plugs she starts up and moves! I noticed a lot of play in the steering wheel, steering gear is relatively new. You can turn the wheel almost a half rotation before it corrects. Also noticed the disc brakes were definitely not functioning safely to where it could pass inspection or be road worthy. So I ordered new tie rods, ball joints, drag links, adjusting sleeve, pitman arms, and steering stabilizer.

Questions are - what additional parts do I need before I get started? Are there any steps or helpful hints that come with experience that will make everything go smoothly?

Also same for the brakes. I’ve got new calipers, rotors, pads. What other parts should I go ahead and have on hand? Any helpful tips? My day job is in medical devices, so everything I do to this truck is a new learning experience for me. But
It sure is fun
COLEFORBUS is offline   Reply With Quote