The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-19-2014, 06:09 AM   #1
nzc10

Black 15x8 rallies

Hi all just thought id post a couple of pictures of my new rims and centre caps on my truck im real happy with the look. Next job is powder coating the bumpers satin black
Attached Images

nzc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:50 AM   #2
kgmunro

Re: Black 15x8 rallies

Looks good!
kgmunro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:58 AM   #3
NZSIXTY9

us kiwis must think the same! i did the same thing to my rallies ,but turned the tyres around to the black wall.good choice! (and dont worry iv sold the wheels on now so we're not matching haha).Great to see another kiwi on the site
NZSIXTY9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:01 AM   #4
NZSIXTY9

Before and after
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2014, 07:12 AM   #5
Daman

I did the base of the center cap also. I've been meaning to do the bolts but haven't yet

Daman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:28 AM   #6
nzc10

Hey nzsixty9 nice truck, yea i think i seen ur rims for sale on trade me a few weeks back 15x7's? I like the nascar look with the white writing and no trim was thinking about running a colored pin stripe around the edge, still havnt made my mind up about the satin black bumpers mite go for silver yet. Did u lower your truck where did you get the springs and spindles?
Old 07-27-2014, 04:11 PM   #7
NZSIXTY9

Liking the look Daman!
Old 07-27-2014, 04:17 PM   #8
NZSIXTY9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzc10 View Post
Hey nzsixty9 nice truck, yea i think i seen ur rims for sale on trade me a few weeks back 15x7's? I like the nascar look with the white writing and no trim was thinking about running a colored pin stripe around the edge, still havnt made my mind up about the satin black bumpers mite go for silver yet. Did u lower your truck where did you get the springs and spindles?
Yeap that was them! I did lower it, my plan since owning the truck (had it about 4 1/2 years now)has been to do airride, so for the last couple of years iv been buying stuff up from the states and shipping it over, so my lowering job was temporary/a bit hory, but it did the trick! haha

I had cut springs in the front with shortened shocks, Rear was 2" blocks,Lowered Commodore springs and a shock relocation kit. Handled well considering how thrown together the kit was. but when I bring over parts I use 'kiwi shipping' , best to bring over a lot at once to make the most of it
Old 07-28-2014, 03:29 AM   #9
nzc10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSIXTY9 View Post
Yeap that was them! I did lower it, my plan since owning the truck (had it about 4 1/2 years now)has been to do airride, so for the last couple of years iv been buying stuff up from the states and shipping it over, so my lowering job was temporary/a bit hory, but it did the trick! haha

I had cut springs in the front with shortened shocks, Rear was 2" blocks,Lowered Commodore springs and a shock relocation kit. Handled well considering how thrown together the kit was. but when I bring over parts I use 'kiwi shipping' , best to bring over a lot at once to make the most of it
Nice Job! Yea iv used kiwi shipping a few times over the years bringing in parts from the states for my R/T Charger, like you say its best to bring in a bit I found the customs duties and GST to be a major rip off, lately iv been bringing in smaller parts for the Charger and the C10 and its been turning up on my door step Be nice to go for a trip over there problem id see to many cars and parts and need a container to bring them home haha
Keep up the good work!
Old 07-28-2014, 08:53 AM   #10
special-K
Special Order

Those look great black with those centers. I've done that and the only thing I did different is I stripped the argent paint off the flange with the lug nut holes to expose the polished chrome.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote