The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
Houston Ben

Wiring Question

Do I need to put a 30 amp fuse between my battery wire and my computer wire and one between my starter wire and my harness wire?
Houston Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
Robznob11

Re: Wiring Question

Jump on lt1swap.com and wire 4 fuses and two relays as per his directions. It does not hurt to run a circ breaker in you main feed wire for the standaloe set up but mine is mounted close enough to the power point that i dont caus it just protects you from a direct short on the feed line the other fuses protect the computer and fuel pump etc. The chances of a short on the feed are not high if your box is close to the main power. Also if yo run one and it malfunctions it will kill everything and leave you stranded kinda like the famos fusible links some of the oem guys run. If your wiring is neat and secure, away from sharp edges and heat sources you will probably be fine. Look how many people run heavy cable for amps through doors, firewall etc. That has a much greater chance of burning your car down than a small 10 gauge wire wich will probably melt in two.just my .02
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
71chevystep4x4

Hey Robznob11, since you brought that up, I did my harness and fuse/relay set up the exact way that LT1swap.com instructed, and it has ran great ever since I got her going last spring. Only question is what size fuses did you run in the fuse box? I just put a bunch of 20's in to get it up and going, but wasn't really sure what was appropriate, and have been running them ever since.
71chevystep4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
Houston Ben

Cool, thanks Rob!
Houston Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #5
Robznob11

I would have to pull my cover and look caus its been a long time but I think im running 15's im pretty sure he specifies. I cant be much all those wires are very small gauge with the exception of the main orange harness + wire
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote