The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-20-2005, 12:19 AM   #1
cornutz
All Praise RANDY!!

Question for you suburban lovers...

I was wondering what you all thought a good price would be for an original 67/68 suburban would be. I dont have a pic of the burb but I know it is a REALLY straight body with real old interior and on original 327?, I think... It is a faded green, I am thinking it is an old department of forestry vehicle, but not sure. It is a 2wd though. But man, the body is straight... I am just wondering what this might fetch... I talked to a friend of the owner and he told me the guy wanted $2500 for it, not sure? what do you all think? I would like to get em down to 12 or $1300,

I would love to add this to my collection, but what do you all think is a fair price, I mean this isnt a garage queen or anything, it has been outside all its life and would need a lot of work in the TLC dept.

Thanks,

NutZ
cornutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 03:38 AM   #2
4x4Poet

If it runs well and is safe with a rust-free, smooth body (however faded), at least $1000. If it was a Forestry truck, I'd guess that it has a utilitarian interior. Basic model. Expect high mileage since the forest service wouldn't sell it until over 75k, maybe more. Unless the original engine and trans blew up. I know, unlikely.

I've found that the bodywork kills my time much more than the repair work. Engine & driveline parts might cost more, but they go on quick in comparison. I do my own body & paint, BTW. Expect to spend time and money on the old window parts, too. Seats and carpet/mat go fast. Wiring harness & gauge cluster go slow. Rad support goes fast. Headliner goes slow. I could go on.