The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2008, 01:07 PM   #1
prg machine

Hedmann Headers and the clutch Z bar

Oh what fun it is!!!

Yep been out thee almos the entire day fiting grinding and fitting and assembling and dissassembling the left header and the clutch arm..

first of all I had installed the starter and found out it had to come out to fit the header on that side.... that was pretty easy.

now for the drivers side.. I had a heck of a time getting the clutch Z bar to assemble when putting the engine in and actualy installed the thing while engine was still floating and crossmemer and front motor mounts were still loose...... so after I got the Z bar in I bolted the engine and crossmember mounts up for keeps..............except one promblem.................the Z bar has to be out of the way to instal header on that side.... so unable to pivot the darn Z bar out of the bracket that was riveted down to the frame i ground off the rivets and now that bracket is removable making life a wjhole lot easier. with the header up to the engine there is interference between the rear header tube and the clutch pivot tube..... I filed the slot where the ball stud goes in the frame bracket to allow it to move back a little... i don't want to go to far this way because the pivot tube will be on an angle to the engine block.. i could make a custom bracket and move the two pivot mounts back a ways along the frame ........................but I am tired of screwing with it...

how much dent is okay on the header tube.....................i know it could restrict flow if extreme.................

any one else been in this situation???

I have the Elite headers and they are very nice indeed, just the rear tube on the drivers side is just too darn close to the clutch pivot tube...

DARN IT!!!!!
prg machine is offline   Reply With Quote