The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
carwhore

Copart auctions

Anyone a member or can get me info on a listing?
Posted via Mobile Device
carwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #2
GMCJOE

Re: Copart auctions

Been a long time since I been on that site... Thanks for the reminder. Had a membership but has expired. So I am no help really. I know you are only allowed to bid so high without being a dealer or something like that. Can't remember, have to read over the rules. Think it cost me $25 to register or something like that. Seems like a pretty good deal if you can pick up one of these old trucks for a good price and condition.

1969 GMC SWB-350 SBC 700R4
2013 Ram 2500 CC Laramie Longhorn Edition-6.7 PPEI EFI Live CSP5 5” ProFlo Exhaust
GMCJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
hugger6933

Re: Copart auctions

It must have been a long time since he was a registered buyer there. I am not ,but I am with a competitor[IAA] and each time one will move a fee or start a fee the other will match or better it and it is crazy the fees that they come up with . Like you have to pay a pull out fee of like 35 buck for them to drive the truck from the sale side of the building to the parking lot side of the building. If they have to bring one on the loader it is 35 then to set it on your trailor [keep in mind it is already in the air]it is another 25 bucks. And the buyers fees whoo!! I spend about 23% on the last 8to 10 trucks I have bought at my sale. The public is now welcome in Arkansas after a lawsuit of some kind but they pay more to register and more in buyers fees. Also they are limited by the amount of cars they can sell due to curbstoner laws. Sorry I helped you none at all on this it looks like but I will tell you that every time there has been a truck like we like in these sales [with one exception a 70 I bought from another dealer] they have been extremely high and out of sight price wise .All of these sales are now hooked into the net on live auctions and people frpm all over are bidding as well as the one you can see standing near youand they can't see something on the pics that you see on the ground. I always think it is funny at the sale when we are bidding on a truck at the sale and everyone there is done say at 4000 and the net is onand runs it to 7000. do they know more then we? no they just have'nt seen all that we have. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote