The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-14-2007, 10:03 PM   #1
dcpetty

Rod Run-TN

Is anyone going to this event next weekend? I am leaving Friday early AM from LaVergne,TN ....anybody like to meet up along the way and cruise together?
dcpetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:10 PM   #2
killer71

Re: Rod Run-TN

Which one?
killer71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:39 PM   #3
dcpetty

The one that it next weekend in Pigeon Forge.
dcpetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:38 PM   #4
russellmarling

Yup. I'll be there on Saturday in my truck.
'82 Yamaha Seca XJ650R Turbo!
'04 Yamaha FZ6
russellmarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:26 AM   #5
truknut

What show in Pigeon Forge?
truknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:30 AM   #6
19673ontree
CAN'T FIX NOTHIN

Wink Re: Rod Run-TN

it's the spring grand rod run hosted by the grand hotel in pigeon forge tenn , they have it twice a year once in april and again in september , it's a pretty good show but it has had some problems in the last few years , when I first went to it 15 years ago when it got dark the street was full as far as you could see with hot rods and classic car's , but now it's a better time during the day because after dark the cadilac escalade's and nissn 300 zx's and lowrider riceburner's take over and the hot rods can't cruz , then a couple years ago they started acting like it was marti graw and started trhowing those beads and the girl's will flash for the bead's , they first tryed this standing on the streets but the cops would arrest them then they figured out as long as the are in a car they can't arrest them , thus now they ride in minivans with big door's back of cadilac escalades and such pretty much ruined it after dark , still a good show during the day , another thing the town did that sort of hurt it was they won't let people sell used part's on the sidewalk anymore , I never did figure out why ? before you could walk around all day and find any kind of part you wanted for anything made before 1974 , but now they will fine you if you try to sell anything , all in all it's still pretty good but it just suck's what they have done to damage it in the last few year's , I'm not gonna go I am gonna wait and go to the shade's of the past in september it's more older car's and older people , not as many cadilac escalade's (I HATE THOSE) LOL ,,, anyway have fun
19673ontree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:28 AM   #7
BustedTruck

I am going to be there without the truck though.
BustedTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:33 AM   #8
squeaky69

im going to try to make it, my wife has to work till 3 so ill get there a little late on sat. my truck aint ready so we'll be in the trailblazer, a friend of mine has a sweet 68 long bed, its turquoise green with a strip of primer on the bottom yall look for it ,his name is bo
squeaky69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:45 AM   #9
see ten
WTB this ad

We talked about riding up for the day...I don't know, we'll just have to see what's going on. If I do come I'll be in the C10, I learned the hard way, you don't wanna be up there in a manual clutch!
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:37 PM   #10
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

The traffic in PF has turned me totally off.I was delighted when they moved the Chevy/GMC Nats to Maggie Valley.I know it's less fun for the wives and kids but as far as the truck show it is probably the best thing that could have happened.I hated trying to get to someplace for dinner in PF and to try to do anything in the entertainment venue was always a trek to get there.I like the # of shows PF has but the traffic and venues there are just crazy.The last year of the Nats they had the soccer mom mini-vans and SUV's parked in the parking lot with the trucks from the show.Most of those people think of our pride and joy's as just old trucks and think we use them for farm work and such.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"

Last edited by PanelDeland; 04-15-2007 at 03:38 PM.
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:41 AM   #11
68Stepbed

Well, I live here but won't be going. I may go out Thursday night and ride around a little when older cars actually cruise and there's not alot of heavy traffic. My dad and I have been going to the Grand for about 20 years and we're both kind-of burned out. My dad will be going to a cruise-in at Newport, TN Sat. night.

Late Sat. nights are just like 19673ontree said. I've noticed in the last couple years there's been mostly everyday cars riding around instead of actual hot rods and muscle cars. Last year I almost wondered if it was a rod run or a 4x4 deisel show. I've never seen so many deisel trucks in all my life.

It's a great time if you find a parking spot, walk to the show, them cruise around during the day and early evening then go home or back to the motel about 9:00 pm. If you like rice-burners, lifted 4x4's, big deisel trucks, blinged out SUV's and trashy girls showing their tits for beads, then it's worth staying out till about 1 or 2 am.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone, but that's about how it goes.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:38 AM   #12
C10Squared

I'll be there, but we'll be in either the Trailblazer SS or the EVO VIII.
Leaning toward the EVO for the mountain roads, but toward the TBSS for the traffic
‘70 GMC Jimmy
‘76 K5 Blazer
Follow me on instagram @C10squared
C10Squared is offline   Reply With Quote