The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2008, 07:51 PM   #1
Botietruck
'71 chevy s.bed/s.side

Jack,lugwrench tool bag-gauging interest??

$30.00 shipped -PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING!!

I have searched for several years for a reproduction jack tool bag. I have not been able to come up with the exact pattern and the material to match the original bag. Recently I purchased a very worn tool bag & tools from a member. Just a couple weeks ago I found what I believe, is as close to the original material as can be found. The old bag was very stiff and brittle.(after all, it is only 36 + years old). The new material is a softer, yet very strong foam fabric. This is not the packing foam that we see our parts shipped in. It is water resistant and very pliable. I have made several of these bags and they include the draw string and the plastic liner in the end of the bag, just as the original. It has been cut to the same size as the original bag. The only difference is, the bottom edge of the old bag was glued and the new bag does not have a seam. The old seam broke loose over time. I felt that the seamless bottom would wear much better. I will also include a set of small foam sleeves made from the same material, to fit over the end of the jack handle and the lug wrench-just an added bit of protection for the bag.
Botietruck is offline   Reply With Quote