The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2008, 12:26 AM   #1
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Unhappy Carb problems

First off,I know this is the wrong forum.I am just trying to accomplish this before Sat. so I can drive the Panel to the NC meet.I figured I would get a quick response here.

During my "get it driveable for the NC bb meet" Thrash I decided to replace the fuel filters.I have a 250 inline 6 with the "Monojet" single barrel carb.When i removed the nut/adapter for the in-carb filter,I discovered the dreaded PO repair.The threads were pretty well stripped but had been teflon taped to death to get the carb to not leak.I've had the truck a while but had never removed the in-carb filter.
So my question is,"Does anyone have one of these carb nut/adapters they could sell and overnight me?"I'll pay the fees.
I even tried ordering a rebuilt carb but delivery is 5 days and that puts it on Mon.2 days after the meet.

Just got done checking and found the rebuilts are no longer available,so if anyone has a complete carb shoot me a PM>
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"

Last edited by PanelDeland; 04-17-2008 at 03:29 AM.
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote