The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #1
kenbob87

72 c10

I am lookin at buying a 72 chevy c10 its is all original as far as i know has a sbc 350, automatic trans, last time i saw it (about 8 years ago) it was in pretty good shape it runs and drives, brakes work, all that fun stuff but my question for you fellas Is there any special places i should be paying attention to? it is a minnesota truck.

here is the only pic of the truck that i have... i am going to be taking a look at it next time i am home so like the first week in december

just a little side note on the truck... this is my ex girlfriends step dad's truck and when we where dating i was in high school and absolutely fell in love with this truck but could never seem to come up with the money... Sadly after dating her for just over a year she got in a car accident and passed. she was a great girl and i miss her dearly.... so anyway this is one of those trucks i always wanted but i thought i would never see again but i ran into her mom the other day and she asked if i still wanted it!!! she always told me that they would save it for me if they could and i always just kinda brushed it off and then i lost contact with them for a couple year so i just wrote it off as it was gone forever but low and behold it falls in my lap again
kenbob87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
Kurt L

Re: 72 c10

GOD meant for you to have it.
she was a great girl and i miss her dearly..so this is why i say this.memories last forever.
Kurt L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
Tinkermc

you ask about places to pay attention to I would start in Arizona they have nice rust free trucks. But I agree with Kurt this was meant to be yours go claim it.
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Are you married, or have another woman in your life? She might have issues with you getting this truck, and if you do end up getting it, she may just resent it and hate it. That being said, I love the truck, and I think you should get it. Just rest assured that a woman may see it that you haven't let your X go. Sort of like a widowed husband not taking off his wedding ring, even though he's dating again. If you don't have a woman in your life, you get the truck, and then later find a girl, who cares. That's her problem to deal with if it still bugs her.

As for what to look for, does it run? How does it run? If it runs well, you can drive around a hell of a clean truck and have fun with it, while you fix up things at your pace
Posted via Mobile Device
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #5
kenbob87

thanks for the encourgament guys!

Quote:
Are you married, or have another woman in your life? She might have issues with you getting this truck, and if you do end up getting it, she may just resent it and hate it. That being said, I love the truck, and I think you should get it. Just rest assured that a woman may see it that you haven't let your X go. Sort of like a widowed husband not taking off his wedding ring, even though he's dating again. If you don't have a woman in your life, you get the truck, and then later find a girl, who cares. That's her problem to deal with if it still bugs her.
lucky for me i dont have a woman at the moment just me and my toys and i always seem to find a reason and room for more!

Quote:
As for what to look for, does it run? How does it run? If it runs well, you can drive around a hell of a clean truck and have fun with it, while you fix up things at your pace
it runs and drives and stops... oh well im not really sure i have only driven it once and that was to prom in 2004!!! but i know he drives it at least once a year so it cant be too bad. when i drove it in 2004 it only had around 65,000 miles on it so i cant imagine it has much more than 75,000 on it now i know it sat in their drive way untouched under a cover for close to 3 years before they moved... i think i will probably just drive it the way it is for a while maybe drop it 2 inches who knows maybe just keep it all original and drive it!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbob87 View Post
thanks for the encourgament guys!

lucky for me i dont have a woman at the moment just me and my toys and i always seem to find a reason and room for more!

it runs and drives and stops... oh well im not really sure i have only driven it once and that was to prom in 2004!!! but i know he drives it at least once a year so it cant be too bad. when i drove it in 2004 it only had around 65,000 miles on it so i cant imagine it has much more than 75,000 on it now i know it sat in their drive way untouched under a cover for close to 3 years before they moved... i think i will probably just drive it the way it is for a while maybe drop it 2 inches who knows maybe just keep it all original and drive it!

Dude, go get it. Sorry about your girl btw. Can't imagine going through that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
weever82

I'd buy it for the memories alone! And it looks pretty nice.

Weev-
Posted via Mobile Device

Life's tough...... It's even tougher when your stupid - John Wayne
weever82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #8
kenbob87

Quote:
Dude, go get it.
im going to go put a deposit on it when i get home he said i can make payments on it till i get it paid off then i can take it home! i had the cash then someone slashed my tires on my dd, and my parents water heater went out in their house

Quote:
Sorry about your girl btw. Can't imagine going through that
Thank you even all these years later its still hard. but i know that she is up there in heaven making it possible for me to have this truck!
Old 11-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #9
kenbob87

Quote:
I'd buy it for the memories alone! And it looks pretty nice
thats the plan! i probably wont be able to have it my hands until spring time but that is ok cuz i will never drive it in the winter. one minnesota winter on this truck would equal complete disaster.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:41 AM   #10
kenbob87

well i went and looked at the truck last week and its everything i remember it being and more..... its got factory A/C it has disk brakes and electronic ignition!!! that being said it does need some work the heater core leaks and the rockers under the doors both have hole in them, the head liner needs to be put back in and comes with the new trim for the headliner, the heater controls are broken but has new ones and new cables, it has leak in the brakes somewhere he said he has to add fluid every once in while, and the valve guides are bad and it needs exhuast work BAD... He even let me drive it, it drives straight, shifts great, handles well for a 40 yr old truck, and stops straight but all in all a great truck that is now half paid for and am definetly looking forward to spending many many hours behind the wheel of this truck!