The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
ConradBSomething

Small World (new peach cutters / new pals)

So I got some new ( to me ) steelies for my jalopy today! But what's better is I got to meet none other thn CC69rat's dad as well. Turns out its a small world after all. I got to his house and saw the projects along with one sweeeeeeet Fairlane and was blown away.

To top it off, (even though Wayne was giving me a heck of a deal already on the wheels) during our jawing about our project trucks I mentioned that I have a step side with the cutout for the spare and would like to mount one when I find a bracket, he pulls out a fifth wheel for me to use as a spare and just throws it in the deal!! I am one happy camper right now.

Just goes to show you, sometimes the best thing about this hobbie, is the people you meet in its pursuit.
Posted via Mobile Device
ConradBSomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Re: Small World (new peach cutters / new pals)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradBSomething View Post
Just goes to show you, sometimes the best thing about this hobbie, is the people you meet in its pursuit.
Posted via Mobile Device
So very true... some of the coolest cats I've ever met have been because of hot rods and cool trucks. I've made a lot of friends over the years becasue of the same reason.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

This is a pretty special place!
71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #4
Ebstard944

Yes it is! So far I have only met two members. I went to buy a fuel tank from GuyO, he shows me his cool stuff, and says just take the tank. I try to pay, but he wont have it! Tries to give me more good parts, but no room (wrangler). I met Livrat last week, and he is giving me free parts too! I try to give him something for them, but he wouldnt take it either!

Place is awesome!
Ebstard944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #5
rico7769
Hybrid67

There's something innate about all of us that own these trucks that want to see others succeed like we have with our builds by contributing to the "cause". Glad you had a chance to meet a few members!

All show.....no go
rico7769 is offline   Reply With Quote