The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-22-2007, 09:26 PM   #1
Twistedsteel

How low without z the frame

I am wondering how low you can go without z the frame. I'm not totally against it but if I don't have to......on the other hand if it's easier to z the frame than goin another direction than I'll be z'ing. I am going to go with a Porterbuilt dropmember and run 22's. Sorry for my ignorance but I'm tryin to gather as much info as possible before I start my project. I don't want to do things twice or thrice.
Albie
Twistedsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:03 PM   #2
SCOTI

Re: How low without z the frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedsteel View Post
I am wondering how low you can go without z the frame. I'm not totally against it but if I don't have to......on the other hand if it's easier to z the frame than goin another direction than I'll be z'ing. I am going to go with a Porterbuilt dropmember and run 22's. Sorry for my ignorance but I'm tryin to gather as much info as possible before I start my project. I don't want to do things twice or thrice.
Albie
The Dropmember is the same thing as 'Z'ing your frame as far as the location of the pivot points on the a-arms.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:13 PM   #3
Sweet 85 C10
OG

Honestly you will get a great drop from the Porterbuilt dropmember, I mean if you looking for the obvious low to the ground look where your body is about less then an inch from the ground then I think you can achieve this using Kp Components and Porterbuilt systems.
Sweet 85 C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:01 PM   #4
Twistedsteel

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm lookin for, I don't think I want it on the ground an 1" to 2" is good.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:52 AM   #5
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
Yeah that's pretty much what I'm lookin for, I don't think I want it on the ground an 1" to 2" is good.
Let me know what wheel and tire combo you plan on running (I need overall tire diameter) and I can tell you what components you need to get the truck exactly where you want it. This way you can also make sure you don't purchase parts you don't need. For example, if you want the frame an inch or two off the ground you may not need to run drop spindles or ART lower arms... again, this depends on tire diameter.

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:50 PM   #6
Twistedsteel

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterbuilt View Post
Let me know what wheel and tire combo you plan on running (I need overall tire diameter) and I can tell you what components you need to get the truck exactly where you want it. This way you can also make sure you don't purchase parts you don't need. For example, if you want the frame an inch or two off the ground you may not need to run drop spindles or ART lower arms... again, this depends on tire diameter.

Well I'm lookin at probably 29" overall. I know that theres alot involved in getting these truck low and I'm tryin to figure out all my options. I've got a couple 4x4's so I know how to get em high I just gotta learn to get em low. I have a buddy that will be doing most of the work but he said I can come in anytime to be a part of it and help it move along quicker. He's workin on several cars at the moment and one of his last ones he finished went to SEMA.I'm not sure when he's gonna be ready for me, but as soon as one of his bays opens up I'm in. I think I want the body to be a few inches off the ground so that would probably put the frame on the ground right? Any way here's a pic of about what I'm lookin for height wise. Thanks for the help.

Albie

Old 09-24-2007, 09:42 PM   #7
Sweet 85 C10
OG

Hey! Was curious what brand wheels are those where can I find a set and what size exactly are you running in the rear? NICE RIDE!

Quote:
Well I'm lookin at probably 29" overall. I know that theres alot involved in getting these truck low and I'm tryin to figure out all my options. I've got a couple 4x4's so I know how to get em high I just gotta learn to get em low. I have a buddy that will be doing most of the work but he said I can come in anytime to be a part of it and help it move along quicker. He's workin on several cars at the moment and one of his last ones he finished went to SEMA.I'm not sure when he's gonna be ready for me, but as soon as one of his bays opens up I'm in. I think I want the body to be a few inches off the ground so that would probably put the frame on the ground right? Any way here's a pic of about what I'm lookin for height wise. Thanks for the help.

Albie

Sweet 85 C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:37 PM   #8
Twistedsteel

Lol! That's not my ride, I wish it was. Mine will be better when I'm done with it Anyway the wheels are Intro Vista there 22's 8.5 in the front and 10 in the back.Here's a link to their site they are spendy but very nice.

Albie

http://www.introwheels.com/w_exposed_5.php