The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-12-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
1bad396ss

68 Body Trim

Is it possible to have my lower body trim refurbished instead of buying new trim? I have a fairly nice set of trim; however, not quite up to par for the rest of the time and money invested thus far.

At $580 for a set of swb fleet side 68 lower body trim, I would think I could order new clips and have mine fixed up. Just needs some minor dings worked out and a good polishing.

Any direction is appreciated.
1bad396ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:51 PM   #2
hugger6933

Re: 68 Body Trim

One weekend a year at Memphis TN the Metal museum has the weekend thing where the metal worker from all over the country come in and some camp on the river bank some sleep inside the museum just everywhere it is like a big hippie party. Last year I went to watch them work on different kinds of metals, people would bring in things all day long from pots to chrome trim to stainless stuff. There was a guy who brought in some nasty looking trim he had found somewhere and it was the floor trim for an old 40's station wagon they pounded and hammered and buffed and polished that stuff til any show judge would have gotten teary eyed. They do it for donations to the Metal museum. there probably was 20 or so people all working on this one project at some time or another and the man said the trim was priceless. They made it look like it too. All for a donation to the place and everyone was happy. I know you can have somebody to do the trim and it would look better than the aftermarket stuff I am almost sure of that. You may want to look that weekend up on the internet at the museums site and see when it is and it may be worth a trip down south. Just a short ride down I-55, Stop at Sikeston and get some rolls thrown at you. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:13 PM   #3
1bad396ss

Re: 68 Body Trim

Thanks Jim. I'll try to find some details on it.
1bad396ss is offline   Reply With Quote