The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-21-2012, 12:29 AM   #1
fredscarryall

air bag it problems

i bought an air management plug and play system from airbagit.com.when my suburban has air in the system in about 10 minutes one side drops to the running board. the autoloc controller wont tell me how much air my tanks have and my remote control key fob is suppost to have 4 presets but it wont work. i sprayed foam soap on all the lines and i have no leaks and i have done all the programing from the instructions. i contacted airbagit and the customer service has no clue.i cant return the system because once you install it the warranaty is void. they dont have a tech dept.they just make the parts and put them in a kit. does anyone know a trick to getting these kit to work right or can give me a information on who to contact that know alot about these systems.
fredscarryall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:49 AM   #2
OrrieG

Re: air bag it problems

I don't know anything about air systems. Sounds like a programming problem that is telling one side to air out, if that is possible. Could be a chip, the fob controller or??? Can they tell you who they got the controls from so you can contact them? Can you bypass the electronics (air it up and disconnect the controls) to make sure it isn't a micro leak in the bag or lines? I'm shooting in the dark but when mechanical and electrical stuff in the same system have problems I always try to isolate one from the other.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:22 AM   #3
fredscarryall

i know the air bags and the lines going to the air bags dont leak because i have shut off valves. that shut the air off from the plug and play.airbagit doesnt have any information on the key fob or the module that goes with it.they even forgot to send instruction along with the kit.they say there kits are pre programmed,ya right! i asked customer for instructions and they say that they had alot of different kits that year and have no idea which one it would be.airbagit doesnt care if there kits work they just want the sale.
fredscarryall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:11 AM   #4
andrewmp6

All i can tell you is toss it and start over i hope you didn't pay a lot for it.They are known for selling junk that don't work or fit and when you call them its the run around.Look in to accuair or ridetech both are well known and work great.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #5
big_al_71

As already mentioned I would separate the electric part from the mechanical so you can determine by process of elimination. Once you install it the warranty is voided, WTF is that....I hope you paid with a credit card so that you can protest the charge specially if they are no help to you.

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #6
72gmcshorty

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmp6 View Post
All i can tell you is toss it and start over i hope you didn't pay a lot for it.They are known for selling junk that don't work or fit and when you call them its the run around.Look in to accuair or ridetech both are well known and work great.
Does this really help the OP solve his problem? Nobody likes buying something and not have it work regardless of where it comes from.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:11 AM   #7
givengold

Sorry to hear about this. I hope that you do get the help you need on this forum, because that company will not give you the time of day.
givengold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:18 PM   #8
jmedero

It does sound like a program issue. If it was a leak what's the chance it would be two leaks on the same side. Separate electric from mechanical sounds like a good start. In worse case you can replace just the management part. Sucks I know but so does airing out just one side.
Juan
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #9
bharrison1

i can tell you from experience the best way to get results form this company is to email the head guy i think his name is Joe Morrow or something like that email him with your questions i had to go that route on some junk spindles i got from one of their distributors they woudnt help me at all but once i emailed him directly i got results this is his email joe@chassistech.com
good luck hope he can help you
bharrison1 is offline   Reply With Quote