The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
master 1969 c10

Need advice on squareing up my bed

My old bed had alot of body work that I didn't want to do so what I did over a year is bought all aftermarket everthing. What is the best way to go about trying to make sure I get it somewhere close to be square. Where I am at now is 90% of the factory holes do line up but when I get the tape measure out and measure coss the box it is 1 inch out. When I measure side to side front and rear it measure the same. We measure both fenders and they were both the same length I still have to put on my tailgate.So when I get the gate on. What have u guys found is the best way to go about this is trying to square this thing up is 100% to much to ask for all new aftermarket parts this is not going to be a show truck just my play around and drive it. Thanks for your input Doug
master 1969 c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
tsmith

Re: Need advice on squareing up my bed

You have to cross measure the bed and make it square, if it wont lossen the bolts then it should square out, It has to be the same measurement
tsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #3
master 1969 c10

I think I will have to take out alot of the bolts so it will be able to move side to side
Old 02-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #4
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Measure it from left front to right rear.Then measure it from right front to left rear.Adjust until these two measurements are the same.The better your accuracy the better the result so pick a spot that is the same point on each front and each rear.You'll probably need to check top and bottom and also make sure the bed is level or it will tweak the results.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #5
master 1969 c10

so I have been working on this and I am starting to get really bummed out on side is 1 inch out of square. should I unbolt everything from the floor and just see if i can square up th sides tailgate and front panel and then if i get the squrare put in on the floor and maybe might have to drill out some holes to make it fit the floor. or if someone is is near columbus ohio that can help me out or i can bring it to your place. need some help from one of my brother truck brothers . thanks Doug
Old 03-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #6
master 1969 c10

ttt