The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #1
shelby987

An act of god!

was the words uttered by the police officer when I showed up with my truck (as it, it will take...an act of god to get this guy out of the ditch).....we have had an ice storm, followed by a snow storm this afternoon.....and a fellow commuter decided his ranger could handle a sharp corner a bit faster than it actually could, being as it happened 2 miles from my house, I told him I would be back with my truck to pull him out of the ditch, when I got back, police were on the scene, but they were more than willing to let me "give it a try"

All I can say is this was my first true test of the front and rear lockers.......bald tires be damned......the NP205 slipping out of low.....psssshhhhaaa....not a problem......throw it in 4hi, drop the clutch, watch all 4 wheels spin and I dragged that little ranger out of the ditch so quick I almost pulled him through the sign that he narrowly missed (warning him of the curve ahead).

When it was all said and done, I had to pull him sideways and backwards after I got him out of the ditch to pull him away from the sign, but zero issues on the chevy's part! I can't wait to figure out what that noise coming from the axle is....and to get some non-bald tires!

oh yeah....and I still love the I6 torque and reliability!......as proof that no good deed goes un-punished, he did run into me (backwards) after I pulled him out.....fortunately he didn't hit any part of my truck that wasn't already dented!
1993 Olds. Cutlass Ciera Wagon Traded 2006
2003 Saturn L200 w/5pd. D/D
My list spans 5 decades with One common thread.....GM!

Last edited by shelby987; 02-08-2008 at 01:03 PM.