The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-15-2007, 09:00 PM   #1
Sport/Truck
Sierra Grande Club

I got my Performer Air-gap today….

And is this thing bright!! I wanted the darker “permastar” finish, but this thing looks to be a bit overwhelming. (like chrome)
I’m considering sending it back for the regular cast version. But I like the idea of this being kept clean using Windex and a rag.
Is the cast finish hard to keep clean? Will it look good after the new wears off?
Anyone have picture of an aged one?

Signed: Undecided in New Mexico
1971 GMC Sierra Grande, 1/2 ton short wide, original 4 bolt 010 020 block & heads. (matching #'s). 383 stroker, SMI q jet 750 cfm, Lunati Voodoo 60102 cam, Scorpion roller rockers, Spin Tech pro street mufflers with X pipe.
Sport/Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 09:05 PM   #2
71chevylowrider

Re: I got my Performer Air-gap today….

You mean the regular aluminum cast version? I have the Performer RPM thats been on for over 5 years if that helps?
Attached Images

71chevylowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 09:25 PM   #3
RACINJASON22
GEARHEAD

I think that depends on how you run your truck dd or ocasionally. I like the as cast myself as I stated in your last thread but thats me. The cleaning with the rag and windex would be a plus if it works as other have said.

SUBSCRIBE HEREBOARD VENDORS HERE

NORWOOD MEET SURVIVOR!
RACINJASON22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 09:26 PM   #4
Sport/Truck
Sierra Grande Club

Yes, that's what I'm asking. I take it your happy with the regular alum. finish?
s/t
1971 GMC Sierra Grande, 1/2 ton short wide, original 4 bolt 010 020 block & heads. (matching #'s). 383 stroker, SMI q jet 750 cfm, Lunati Voodoo 60102 cam, Scorpion roller rockers, Spin Tech pro street mufflers with X pipe.
Sport/Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:18 PM   #5
71chevylowrider

Yes, I'm happy with it, I guess if I was going to more shows I would spring for the shiny, but for my use the cast looks good enough & no hassle to keep clean.
71chevylowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:58 PM   #6
Nachos82

If your going to garage the truck and drive it in nice weather only, then the natural cast one is ok. I got a natural one a while back but the truck I had it on didn’t get the option of living inside the garage until it was to late for the intake. That and I was thousands of miles away from it. As a result the intake is all dull with corrosion and looks overall like crap. If I could have done it again, I would have got the polished one for sure. Only cleaning with Windex is great, I actually do not know what you clean the cast ones with. Maybe you would have to get a little polishing wheel and go all over it with polish. That is more work then I would want compared to a shot of Windex and a rag.
Nachos82 is offline   Reply With Quote