The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2021, 06:30 PM   #1
smullen

C10 vs 20 Suspension interchangeability or swapability ???

Hello,

I have been wanting a C10 (69-72) for years.
However finding one that I can afford, that is not way past my abilities seems to be somewhat of an issue...

I'm wanting one that my dad and I can do a few things to and hopefully, some day I can enter it in some local car shows... It might never get that nice, but it'll be ours and I'm sure we'll enjoy it.

I've always dug them and he had a 69 and a 72 years ago when I was in grade school...

OK enough of my babble, my question is.
IF I buy a C20 (only because thats what I found) that has 8 Bolt wheels on it, how big of a deal will it be to put 1/2 ton suspension parts and 5 lug wheels under it?

I want to Static Drop it (4/5) with Belltech or maybe another company's drop kit, while working on everything else, then finally bagging it.

I have a tank, 8 valves, 2 Viair Compressors, Slam specialties bags, switches, Dakota Digital gauges, some fitting, line, relays and a few other accessories to bag it, I was going to use them on my lowered 2000 Blazer that I showed for several years and did pretty good with, but I want something different and I know my dad really likes the old chevys, so I though we could work on it together. Never know how many more years he has and I'm trying to spend more time with him.

Sorry to run on, just trying to relay what I'm wanting to do, if its worth while.
I know it'd be much easier to start with a C10, but I can't find one and I've ran across several C20s that I've passed on.

Thanks for your advice in advance.
smullen is offline   Reply With Quote