The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #1
71C10SWB

Question Where do you guys mount speakers? Pictures please

I just picked up a simple radio to put in my ’71 C10. Here’s the deal. I don’t care about thumping, high powered stereo systems and I don’t really intend to spend much. This is my daily driver and I just want something to listen to for 20 minutes each way to work.
Somebody already cut out the area where the stock radio was and did a decent job, so I’ll probably just clean it up a little and utilize it. I also have a satellite radio subscription and a satellite receiver from my previous truck. I’ll probably spend the most of my time listening to it. I bought a radio with a face loaded aux. input, so that should work out fine.
My biggest problem comes when I start trying to figure out where to mount the speakers. I haven’t bought any yet, but I want to get some ideas where to put them before picking out a size.
I’ve seen the kick plate set-ups, but I don’t want my speakers getting kicked in. I’ve also seen the headliner setups, but I don’t intend to spend that much. Somebody already butchered up the doors for speakers IO don’t intend to cut into my fresh repairs for a speaker in the door. No better than these doors seal up, I don’t like that idea any way and I don’t like wires running from the cab to the doors.
I’m guessing the only choices that I have left are some surface mount speakers (with housings) on the floor under the seat or up in the cab corners (I don’t really like that idea.) I’ve also thought about building a center console so if you guys have done something like that, I would be interested in seeing that too.
71C10SWB is offline   Reply With Quote