The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-25-2008, 07:53 AM   #1
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

What did you get done? Easter Edition

I didnt do a dern thing this weekend truck related..in fact i spent all day easter painting my living room and saturday i had to deal with a client all day and go to a wake in the evening how about yall did the easter bunny bring ya truck parts??

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:02 AM   #2
hessian18
Gen III Power

Re: What did you get done Easter Edition

I spent most of the day cleaning house, then worked on the truck for awhile.

I finished painting the driverside door and installed the door panels I painted..need to finish the passenger side and im done...

Im still fighting a light wiring problem
hessian18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:07 AM   #3
collin86

i thought about doing a lot of things on my truck....instead i sat on this damn fourm all weekend looking at what my truck could look like someday if i ever worked on it. i hate computers sometimes

92 jeep cherokee.... crawler
collin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:24 PM   #4
sjarrett71

To cold to work outside on my truck
Old 03-25-2008, 12:47 PM   #5
los-lowrider

Stayed in Paris the hole weekend. Very nice town to be. Can't remember that I ever walked that much.
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
bb1979

Spent mine cleaning out the shed, and getting all the tools and equipment organised to bring my truck in over winter
Old 03-25-2008, 04:04 PM   #7
slug

saturday i built the foundation for my portable building so i can store all my tools in so i can put the 83 in the garage. got the 83 fired up saturday for the first time in 7 years. i had the timing spot on and it fired up on the first crank, i was excited, i called my dad just to brag. didn't do much of anything sunday except spend time with my kiddos and cleaned the garage a little.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #8
Rooster's82

Friday I got lit at the neighborhood BBQ, but while i was mingling with some of my new neighbors (i just moved to a new apartment complex) I meet a guy that said he has rebuilt over 100 steering columns. (see my thread on my trashed steering column). I also got my novelty horn in the mail...It makes animal noises (yes, it does a Rooster).

Saturday it rained from 9am to 5pm...leaving me trapped in my house with my girlfriend, to her delight. I got absolutely nothing done on my truck. I did do some cleaning and organizing around the house. She had some people over so i did the host thing for a little bit in the evening.

Sunday, i had to go to a wedding but before i left i ran into my neighbor that does steering columns and he asked for the key to my truck so he could take a look at it. I give it to him and when to the wedding...3 hours later i get home and he had pulled apart my doner column taken out the ignition switch, and turning signal switch and installed them in my truck as well as tightened all 4 screws that were causing the column to wobble. In short he did the entire fix for me. So i was pretty happy..but also a little disappointed, i wanted to help him so i could learn how it was done. Oh well, you can't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Oh, i also mounted my novelty horn Sunday morning...kind of neat , has a PA and all, but it's not very loud. Sort of disappointed...does anyone now how to bump up the volume on something like that?

What i didn't get too...

I need to put in a new water pump, the seal on the old one is bad right now so i'm just pouring water through my system daily.

I have wanted to clean and paint my engine bay for the last month...still haven't got to it.

I need to install new valve cover gaskets, they have been leaking for a good 20 years.

I didn't fix the 2 rust holes at the corners of my windshield, I have decided to go with the weld-less system that was recommended.

and last but not least find and install a 600cfm edelbrook carb....toss some new plugs and wires in while i'm at it.

If you can't find it at the junk yard you don't need it.

Last edited by Rooster's82; 03-25-2008 at 04:47 PM.
Rooster's82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:46 PM   #9
cochino12
It followed me home?

Sold my 85 and picked up an 86 K20, with a new crate motor that I am going to use as a work truck. Got it buffed cleaned out, trailer controller and stereo wired, oil changed ...

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=284502

Also dropped my Blazer off to the tranny guy to get it fixed it started slipping and it only had like 100 miles on it. I hope I get it back soon I'm ready to start driving it, I've had it since may and only driven it once or twice
Attached Images

That's why they call it a shortcut Kyle, if it was easy it would just be the way.

86 c-10 SWB
85 CCSB
90 GMC K30 Crew SRW
1985 C30 Dually

Last edited by cochino12; 03-25-2008 at 04:48 PM.
cochino12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:31 PM   #10
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: What did you get done? Easter Edition

I went to Atlanta on Wednesday. I spent Thursday with my family at the Georgia Aquarium which was really nice. The rest of the weekend I watched my daughter play volleyball.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:42 PM   #11
BowTieOgre

I hit the junkyard on Saturday morning with another boardmember and didnt really find anything good so I went back to the house and washed both the trucks. I did get the th400 in the donor back in working order. Apparently a new filter/fluid and some Lucas was just what the doctor ordered, that saves me some $$ I thought I was going to have to spend.

Sunday was spent doing the family thing. This was my boy's first real Easter and he was in rare form after downing a few Peeps from his basket at 8am! Sometimes I wish I had the energy of a 2 year old.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:56 PM   #12
LEEVON

Took Friday off (first non-family vaction day ever) to swap a 700R4 for the TH375? in my '87 swb. Hit the driveshaft shop first thing, ended up having to get a new d-shaft because of the extreme tailshaft length on the TH375. $148 later I was out the door with new shaft and u-joints, balanced and painted. Then off to the junyard where I found the 700R4 connector and vacuum switch for lockup. I also located several trucks with sway bars and talked them into removing one with the brackets for $40. Then off to the stealership for a new dipstick/tube. Spent the rest of the day installing, stopped at the x-member.

Saturday went to Missouri and pulled the '71 suburban out from behind the parent's barn. What a wild ride getting towed down the hill over the creek but the brakes held. Then I put three different tires on the RRear only to end up using fix-a-flat and a plug in the sidewall of one to get it rolling. I sold it to a soldier stationed in Bagdad. His father is sending a shipping company after it this week. Sad day but I would rather see it done!

Big truck weekend for sure. That's rare for me.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:23 PM   #13
jdmaffeo

I did get some time for the truck this weekend on Saturday. I started another link for it here http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=284330 .

I have some more metal cutting and welding to do to finish it up the way I want it. Hopefully my rollpan and other parts will arrive today and I can finish the mock up. I will then have to tear it back apart and then prime and paint fun can begin.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:22 PM   #14
tds

well i ripped off all that fake plastic chrome trim on the tail gate and around the cab of the truck. ripped out the old interior carpet. reinstalled my seat belts with the exception of the passenger lower bolt since i need a good drill bit and an easy out to get the broken bolt out. cleaned out all of the extra body panels out of the bed. thats pretty much it. this week i plan to get new tanny lines and also get the motor a tune up with plugs, wires, belts and such
Old 03-25-2008, 07:54 PM   #15
jchav62
1962 C-10

On Saturday, I sanded and primed the 'new' hood and fenders for the '73. I also cleaned and painted the hood hinges, alt. bracket and an Edelbrock intake that I picked up last week... next weekend, hopefully I'll go out to Rowe and put these parts on the truck....

...Easter was with the family... I hope everyone had a great Easter...jc
.........________//__{\_____
,,,,,,,/__(O)___//___/__(O)_/

1962 C10 Shortbed Fleetside 327/th350 GV overdrive
1974 C10 Longbed Fleetside 350/th350 "The Trash Truck"
1999 Chevy 2500 OBS, Longbed 5.7/4L80E 4x4
2015 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 4x4

Last edited by jchav62; 03-25-2008 at 07:55 PM.
jchav62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:21 PM   #16
Prerunner1982

After spending alot of the past 4 months fixing my wifes blazer.... This weekend I broke it. DOH!!.. The door mirrors are weak on the S10's. The three plastic mounting points get brittle over time and break easily with the vibration of living in the country. I already replaced the passenger side but the driver's side hadnt failed yet so I was going to let it ride. After driving down the highway on Ssaturday and seeing how much the mirror was moving around I knew it was going to come off soon.... what I didnt realize is that it would come off on Sunday when I hit it with my arm as I walked by the truck... Oh well...
Oklahoma Roll Call
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:07 PM   #17
SCOTI

Finished removing all automotive related parts from the driveway area & then slapped a front suspension on my 68 so I could load it up on my registered/tagged trailer.

All this work to complete the items I was 'cited' for when the city went through my neighborhood w/it's 'spring clean-up' program.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the truck. They say I can't have a partially assembled vehicle that's not tagged/inspected stored in a residential area. Covering it up is deemed not acceptable.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:27 PM   #18
Frosty
Under desk

I ran some water form the garden hose on it... that's about it. Had big plans for it this weekend too.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:43 PM   #19
streetstar

Took the top off my K5 and cruised it ---- that was - and is fun . I had to make room in the garage for it - the top is heavy and its not going on for another 6 months - LOL

Changed the oil pan on a big block project i have on a stand.

thats it.

Nonsense! I'm in my prime
streetstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:51 PM   #20
manimal

Put my new(to me) wheels on my truck....'05 Silverado 2500HD aluminum.Just waiting for the conversion nuts so I can put the caps on.

Sorry for the bad pic I used my phone..
-Lance
Attached Images

1999 Suburban K2500, 7.4, 4L80e
1980 Camaro..son's car...PROJECT

Last edited by manimal; 03-25-2008 at 11:53 PM.
manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:19 AM   #21
AceX
>130dB Moderator

Not on the weekend, but today, like 10 minutes ago, a blew up a set of ARC6000 component speakers. I was acting on orders to try and blow the amplifier apart but instead smoked a set of $500 speakers. I'm awesome.

Now I just have to wait until I get back from Yuba City in 3 weeks to fix it. At least my door speakers still play...

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.
AceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:44 AM   #22
dieselarmy13
Phone's ringin Dude.

My weekend started off with a nice 2 hour roadtrip to pick up a seat from Randy (teeitup). Hell of a nice guy, I'd do business with him anyday. After that, it was another 4 hour drive to my parents in Nebraska. Couldn't ask for a better day for a roadtrip. 2-60 air conditioning the whole way through the scenic backroads of rural Kansas and Nebraska. When I finally got to my parents, it was time to work. I ripped out my sweet-ass 80's van seats, and put my new bench in.

After that, it was time for some rattle can magic. I wanted to do the whole front clip, but my trigger finger couldn't take anymore (neither could my buddy, seen stumbling out of the shop from paint fumes).

After that, it was time to paint my new rally's

2003 SILVERADO SS--THE NEW GIRL

1972 GMC--THE OLD GIRL
dieselarmy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:52 AM   #23
Hoods69BadBowTie
Chevys Kick A$$

Not a whole bunch of anything. Just messed around with my Camaro a little and took a look at my buddies car that is acting up. Other then that just hung out with family and friends.
-'86 K5 Blazer Silverado 6.2 4" lift 35"s
-'95 Ext. Cab Shorty 4" Tuff Country rolling 35" M/T's
-'83 Monte Carlo T-Tops. 126,500 Original Miles
-LATER
I would rather push a Chevy then drive a ford!!
Hoods69BadBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:54 AM   #24
1985K10

Sandblasted my rebuilt rear axle....sandblasted right through the diff cover so now i need to clean it out and buy a new cover.....
77 GMC Royal Sierra~Resto in progress~
1985K10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:06 AM   #25
87Lowrider
Navy Radioman Veteran

Finally got the motor put together this past week. Still have to put in the new wheel wells, install the control module, coil and new motor mounts before I drop the RAT in this weekend.

Before

After
87Lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote