The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2013, 04:32 AM   #1
SCHRUMGMC

Cool Found my Great-Grandfathers 1959 GMC Apache

Tell me what you think
:gmc2

I Hope to buy it A.S.A.P

The Story behind it: As far as I know My Great-Grandfather Howard Augustus Schrum, bought it new near Dallas,North Carolina..He drove my Uncles and my Grandfather..As time went by, My Great Grandfather gave it to my Grandfather Gerald Schrum.He used it for years and years...He also had a 1971 GMC Sierra(As you see in my Profile Photo,I am currently looking for it).Well the Story goes, the engine blew or something.The back of the Bed was so rusted, it was an unbelieveable sight.Well years go by, it sat up in our pasture well.Someone called complaining about all of his cars sitting up there,Ranging from 1968,1972, Volkswagen Beetles, many StationWagons(Fords/Chevy).,1985 Honda CRX,1988 Honda Prelude, 1987 Pontiac Fiero, and a couple of MG´s...Well he had to find someone to pick them up and haul them to the Junkyard (Est.2005)..Well they were taken to the Junkyard and me and him went through the Cars and Trucks looking for some old stuff and Personal Items..Years went by, I completely forgot about all of that...Gerald passed in Dec 26th 2010, It devastated me...and So on, well by chance my Cousin, She had dated a Young man up in Vale,NC..He turns out to own the 1959 Truck..I desperately wanted to get in touch with him about it..So now I know exactly where its at

The Original Color: Greenish Color(As Far as I know)

Before you ask, The headlights are being re-done by the Current Owners and they are putting new glass in as those old ones were milky looking..They still have the Original Tires that were on it

I hope ya´ll like it, Tell me what you think

Pros and Cons as well
Attached Images

Last edited by SCHRUMGMC; 01-18-2013 at 04:56 AM.