The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #1
chevy72pu

Remote Unlock

I have an 03 Silverado LT. The remotes have stopped locking or unlocking the doors. I have replaced the batteries in the remotes and tried to reprogram them. Still nothing. I can lock and unlock the doors by using the button on the armrest . In the attached diagram there are lock and unlock relays shown. There is a place for each relay on my truck, but no relays. The fuse block is on the end of the dash by the driver door. I also accessed the panel under the steering wheel and no relays there. I accessed the underhood fuse block and no relays there. Is there another fuse block that I haven't found yet? BTW-I bought the truck new and the remotes have always worked till about 6-8 weeks ago.
Attached Images

'10 Traverse LTZ
03 Silverado Z71 ext cab
99 Yamaha Grizzly 600
72 C10 350/350 sportside bed.
68 C30 flatbed. 350 4-speed.

"I've got a good memory, it's just short!"
chevy72pu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:10 PM   #2
john
member #16

Re: Remote Unlock

I would try and find the receiver for the remote locks. The dealer should be able to help locate it. They can be located just about anywhere on a vehicle. It was in the trunk under the window package tray on a buick i fixed.
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:07 AM   #3
clinebarger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy72pu View Post
I have an 03 Silverado LT. The remotes have stopped locking or unlocking the doors. I have replaced the batteries in the remotes and tried to reprogram them. Still nothing. I can lock and unlock the doors by using the button on the armrest . In the attached diagram there are lock and unlock relays shown. There is a place for each relay on my truck, but no relays. The fuse block is on the end of the dash by the driver door. I also accessed the panel under the steering wheel and no relays there. I accessed the underhood fuse block and no relays there. Is there another fuse block that I haven't found yet? BTW-I bought the truck new and the remotes have always worked till about 6-8 weeks ago.
Hey! Thats my diagram
Tips.....

1. Synchronize the transmitter by standing within 1.5 meters (5 ft) from the vehicle. Simultaneously press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter for 7 seconds. The door locks should cycle in order to confirm resynchronization.

2. After synchronizing the transmitters program the keyless entry by:
Close all the vehicle doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Press and hold the door unlock switch.
While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
Repeat the previous step to program up to 4 transmitters.

3. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter programming mode. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

Last edited by clinebarger; 12-21-2011 at 12:19 AM.
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:47 AM   #4
chevy72pu

Thanks Clinebarger. I have already tried step #2 but I didn't know about step#1. Will try that tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks for the help.

'10 Traverse LTZ
03 Silverado Z71 ext cab
99 Yamaha Grizzly 600
72 C10 350/350 sportside bed.
68 C30 flatbed. 350 4-speed.

"I've got a good memory, it's just short!"
chevy72pu is offline   Reply With Quote