The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2024, 06:52 PM   #26
LT7A

Re: The more I learn...the more puzzled I become!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach-Burban View Post
Hello LT7A…thanks for responding to my thread! For some reason, I started writing other threads instead of keeping this one going? Probably because I had specific questions about certain tasks at hand and wanted the title to reach the intended targets???

Anyway…you are spot-on with your analysis, and I have actually taken your advice in advance of you saying it! There is nothing wrong with driving the Beach-Burban with its natural patina…or even with spotted-in paint or primer showing. Besides making good decisions like taking custom paint off the table, I’ve made some poor choices (for good reasons, I thought) and I’m still working through those to get me back on track. First is the EFI (written up in a separate thread) which needs a few more tweeks to get it dependable…and second is finishing the interior as I saw another members “woody style” headliner that I’ve got an excellent woodworking friend helping me out with.

After those are to a point that I can put my seats back in, my plan is to drive it a lot…because this past year has bummed me having it sit so much (and the grand kids keep growing, so my time is running lower with each passing day).

Thanks for the encouraging words!

Woody
Even with the setbacks, that all sounds good. It also sounds like we need some new pictures, hint, hint ; )
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote