The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-15-2004, 05:50 AM   #1
muscletruck

smoking bad need help!!!

hey guys and gals i need some help... my truck spews white smoke when i stop after having the motor at a steady cruisen speed (freeway)... at first i thought it was rings... but i noticed my tranny was losing mass amounts of fluid after i drive on the freeway... so i think the vacuum is sucking fluid into the motor... woudl this cause white smoke?? because i put in about half a gallon of fluid... cause it was slipping and shifting all over the place.. i put the fluid in & ran great!!! i checked the fluid and it is low again... in the tranny ..mind you the pan doesnt leak... so i need help ya'll... if it is the tranny do i just put on a new modulator?... thanks all... oh ya.. by the way 454/TH400....thanks again

78 Crew Cab Dually
454/TH400, Dual Flows, Edelbrock Intake, Cam, Lifters, Billet Grill, K&N Airfilter, Grant Steering Wheel, A/C, soon to be power windows and locks, lots of plans for this...

....gas prices go down please
muscletruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 10:16 AM   #2
Chevy67Tk

Yes and yes

Yes burning trany fluid will make a white colored smoke

And

Yes if its not leaking on the ground you are probably sucking it threw the modulator valve. They are fairly cheep and easy to replace.