The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-24-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
BP68

Need advice on GPS/Bluetooth/iPod

Hey all.
I am researching adding either an iPod interface or a aux input adapter to my 2006 Silverado with Factory 6 disc head unit.

I found the Usa spec PA-11GM interface which crutchfield claims will let me listen to an iPod and get GPS directions (From portable gps connected to to the PA-11GM's additional aux input) at the same time. If this is true, and I get a GPS with bluetooth built in, I figure it will acheive my goal.

My main goal, if possible, is to use an iPod/GPS/Bluetooth cell phone all thru my speakers with as few components as possible.

Another option is to add a cheap aux input adapter such as GM12-Auxv2 and then connect a GPS to it that has a aux output , bluetooth and iPod controls built in. Hook the GPS to the aux in adapter and have all functions. But a GPS with bluetooth AND iPod controls seems to be hard to find, and not very affordable.

Any advice, suggestions appreciated. However I do not want to change to an aftermarket head unit.

My build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=269999
BP68 is offline   Reply With Quote