The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2011, 11:32 PM   #5
jumbo

Re: tbi 350 to carb conversion....

jon, i appreciate the advice, but i don't think there's any way to convey how jacked up this burb is. There are many wires under the dash that spark when you try to test them, or push the harness out of the way. Trust me, i wanted to keep the tbi so i could keep the cruise control (i'm getting old, i wants me comfort, lol), but right now i just want it to run. You saw the build thread on streetsource, i started it back in may (a month after i was supposed to drive it home from the 2nd guy who said he'd build it), but the saga has been going on since august of 2007. Been through 2 burbs, 2 shops, i have around $20k invested in it, and right now it's a pile of parts that doesn't run. I just want the easiest way to drive it soon, i've waited long enough. I may check into that, though, but my buddy said the harness looks ok, but some of the plugs and valves are missing, there's no vacuum hoses hooked up (he doesn't know what hoses go where), he's fried 2 starters, and the ecm is probably jacked. He said today that there's like 27 different things that could be keeping it from starting, and i don't have time (or money anymore) to try to trace everything. Like i said, i just want to carb it temporarily, eventually i'll go LS1 or 5.3 or a badass built carb motor, but right now i just want it to run.

Here's the build thread, if anyone is interested....

http://www.streetsource.com/forum/11...pic-heavy.html
jumbo is offline   Reply With Quote