The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2013, 11:51 PM   #1
junksaver

My Wife Got A One Ton

I'm proud of my wife. She decided that she had to have a C30 with a flatbed, so I told her to go find one. About 2 months ago she found one on a road that she had made a wrong turn down. It was at an abandoned house that had caught on fire. The truck was in the front yard and the tags had expired over 2 years ago. She looked at the truck and left not thinking too much about it. She kept up her search for a flatbed, but kept thinking about that truck sitting there. She kept driving by there occasionally, but no one was ever there. On Aug. 8th she took some pictures for me to see and told me she wanted the truck. She put a note under the wiper with her name and number that she was interested in the truck. No response. Well 2 weekends ago she took me to see the truck and finally got to talk to the neighbors. They said the truck had been sitting there since the tags had expired. The owner very rarely came around and the neighbors were the ones cutting the grass. The owner had been there the week before, but did not see the note my wife left on the truck. That was the first time anyone had seen the owner in about a year. My wife was frustrated, but said she was getting the truck. Well on Aug. 27th my wife left a sign on the truck everyone would see. A couple of days later the neighbor called her with a phone number to the owner of the property. My wife called her and found out it belonged to an ex boyfriend. Another obstacle, but it didn't slow her down. She got in touch with him 2 days later and said she wanted to buy the truck. He told her that he wanted $1500 for the truck and she said ok, lets meet on Sat. Aug. 31st. Well to shorten the story up she took my son with her and she bought the truck for $700. The guy said he had never met a women that knew so much about trucks. She gave him a deposit and came back on Tues. Sept. 3rd to pick up the truck. She lined up a wrecker driver to get it towed home that day. She handled all of this herself without my help. Now she has her own Chevy to drive. The 1st pics are where the truck was sitting.
Attached Images

72 2wd 3/4 Ton Project or Parts?
73 4wd Blazer
junksaver is offline   Reply With Quote