The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2015, 03:13 PM   #1
Cgoldhill

Stock 350 cam reccomendation

72 c10, 2wd, stock 350 with rebuilt qjet and drilled idle tubes. 3.08 posi with 4 speed Saginaw. 2.25 dual with h pipe. Stock compression so about 8.5:1? Motor has under 100k without ever being opened.

It's my "hot rod" cruiser that I do daily. Need to regasket the oil pan, timing cover, and valve covers so figured I'd throw in a cam and set of lifters for under $200.

Looking for a definite lope at idle but nothing drag car. Want something to definitely come to life and put a smile on my face when it gets wound out but still drivable around town with decent low end grunt. She's old so I won't be going more than 5,000 rpm.
Was looking at L79 modern grinds, the smaller voodoo and comp extreme energy cams. my ideal cam I'm thinking is:

215ish intand 225ish exh dur. At .050.
110 LSA
.440-.450 lift

Can't seem to find an out of box cam close to this. I want to use stock valve springs so I'm limited to .450. The 60101 voodoo lift is a little high and I'd rather have a bit more duration. The cams under that , lift wise, are a little low. Also have been hearing too many comments on comps wear and tear on valve trains. Any suggestions? I see Iskys mega and super cams but their LSA is 108 which might kill some of my rev range.

I really like summits 1065 cam, but wish it had a little less intake duration. Anyone make anything close to that or have suggestions?

Please move this thread if it isn't the right section. Was looking for some real world experience from guys who drive c10s every day and what they like.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Cgoldhill; 04-27-2015 at 03:19 PM.
Cgoldhill is offline   Reply With Quote