The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
monte0185

Color Scheme

Ok everyone. I am trying to think of a paint scheme for my truck. I am pretty sure it was painted code 519 Yellow but the AZ sun has faded everything and chips here and there from moving parts is forcing me to repaint. As well as a different bed. I am going with the same yellow and trying to work some black in there since the interior will have a yellow and black theme. Chrome as well in some places. I would greatly appreciate any ideas yall might have on a scheme or ideas in general on what to do.

Here is a pic of the cab.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
monte0185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
monte0185

Re: Color Scheme

Anyone? All im looking for is some ideas? maybe a picture or two.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:43 PM   #3
jsmithbm

ive seen some with a yellow top dropping into a V shape at the center of the door with black lower, or blue.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:09 PM   #4
Dingfodgy
Lemme show you something!!

If this were my truck (I wish!) I would shy away from Yellow and Black.....it just screams "Bumblebee"! Instead I would paint the whole thing the yellow you have and do the grille, tailgate letters, interior sheet metal and a thin stripe down the sides (1.5" max) in a medium charcoal grey, with the stripe and letters outlined in bright silver. I would then run 4x4 ralley's with chrome rims, charcoal centers and late-model center caps or slots with polished rims and brushed centers. Chrome bumpers, grill trim, vent windows and 67-68 round mirrors would wrap up the package. The black and yellow interior upholstery would still work just fine- so there would be no need to re-do that part.

Just my $0.02 worth
'95 BMW 325i ("Joy")
Dingfodgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #5
monte0185

I was thinking about that. I really dont know which way i want to go though. thats why I was hoping for some pics and ideas.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:28 PM   #6
monte0185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingfodgy View Post
If this were my truck (I wish!) I would shy away from Yellow and Black.....it just screams "Bumblebee"! Instead I would paint the whole thing the yellow you have and do the grille, tailgate letters, interior sheet metal and a thin stripe down the sides (1.5" max) in a medium charcoal grey, with the stripe and letters outlined in bright silver. I would then run 4x4 ralley's with chrome rims, charcoal centers and late-model center caps or slots with polished rims and brushed centers. Chrome bumpers, grill trim, vent windows and 67-68 round mirrors would wrap up the package. The black and yellow interior upholstery would still work just fine- so there would be no need to re-do that part.

Just my $0.02 worth
I kinda was thinking about the grey as well. I love a charcoal color with a little metal flake in it. The highlight thing would work nice. I have a 4" cowl hood going on it so i could stripe something on it to highlight it some. I was talking with the wife the other day about putting some color on the grill cause i seen a few pics of gmc grills on here with some and they looked good. I like yellow but I have to break it up some how. Watching all those foose shows started me on that. Probably a curse but it makes sense to me. I love rally's but unless they make them in 1-ton 8-lug their not gonna fit real well. thats probably something i should have added. It has 8" of suspension lift and 2" of body lift and one ton axles. I am not sure if the body lift is going to stay or go at this point. I have not chosen a set of rims yet but pretty sure im gonna go with a set of 37" humvee tires to start off with unless i can find a good deal on something else.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:38 PM   #7
Mowdigger

Just my opinion, Put the black on the underside. Where nobody will see it. That's the only way I see Yellow and black together on the exterior.
Mowdigger is offline   Reply With Quote