The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-22-2004, 09:26 PM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

What did you get done?

This weekend was a flop. I had lots of plans that included working outside. Unfortunately the weather didn't come through. It rained all weekend...

I did get a few things done. I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do with the sound system in my 77. Now if I can just locate the speakers I want....

While my weekend was a near write off, my week had it's bright spot. My daughter made the 7th grade volleyball "A" team. We sweated try-outs all week, but the pay off was worth it....

What did you get done?

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 08-22-2004 at 09:32 PM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 09:58 PM   #2
74Pumpkin
Insert witty comment here

I sold the PT cruiser so I just put the 74 back in daily driver status for a little while, untill I can find a new ride.

So I managed to get the timing done. Brought it from 8 degrees to 11 degrees. Seems to run a little better now. Change the oil, clean up the auto choke. ( seemed to be sticking a little). And Viola' Back on the road again! 59 miles a day. Killer on the gas but what ya gonna do?
Old 08-22-2004, 10:46 PM   #3
87Silvy

Washed the truck and cleaned the interior.

Added some rails to the back porch.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:15 PM   #4
hilbilly
I do everything twice, so what

Location: To the Right. One may go as far to say WAY to the Right
changed 4:11 to 4:56 up front on the d44, was'nt to bad except for disassembling one 44 to get the gears and the dis and reassembling mine. If it worth doing, it's worth doing twice.
hilbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 11:31 PM   #5
alpha_male0203
95 extended cab sportside

we4ll i got a new starter to start off. then it gone bad and then that other one that i got also gone bad then i got a new one today and its good.

and i got it running then a tranny line broke and i gave up for today and i called it quits.

new altenator and battery in mine with starter as well as a new battery in my dads suv.

nothing that fun.

shane

95 Chevy k 1500
00 Chevy Silverado 1500
07 cobalt Old ladies car]
alpha_male0203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 12:09 AM   #6
SanitysBane

my f***** power steering/alternator/tensioner braket had a crack down the middle, the L shaped braket that goes from the power steering pump to the block busted in to causeing the big pice of crack(serpentine belt system off of my bros 88) welded the big plate back up and put a stiffner in it, and then made a new super heavy duty powersteering to block braket, it doesn't move anymore! and i rewired my tq lock up switch, no more pull chain for me
SanitysBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 12:17 AM   #7
andrew king

Scored a 8" lift and 35 inch tires for my truck for $400.00 the tires are brand new got the motor pulled out of the crew cab. Bolted on the rest of the tin for the BIG block and cleaned the garage other than that not a darn thing.....
andrew king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 12:38 AM   #8
sixty8chev
The Sauz

Finally got something real done to my truck, the one day body off restoration.

Drove it over to a buddy's almost complete at 8am, (grill, inner fenders and some interior ripped out).
By 11 we had the whole body off and i was pressure washin the frame.
Took us till 2 to get the new cab on and get the front clip mounted with the addition of a body lift, by 4 we had all the wiring done and it was running again. Gotta love the simplicity of chevy's.
Then i ended up screwin around for the rest of the evenin tryin to get the doors off one truck to line up with the cab off another and the repro fenders from one more, finally gave up on that and went with the doors that came with the cab and was done in ten minutes with only a 1/4 inch run out in the gap.
If it hadn't been for the stupid doors we probly woulda got it done before the beer was gone and we called it a night .
All and all a productive saturday. Tommorrow the interior goes in and the tires get mounted and it should be ready for sandin and paint.
And this time i won't be an idiot and forget the camera.
01 Sierra - Daily Driver (for now)
sixty8chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 12:45 AM   #9
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

finally figured out the problems with my buddy's 94 Firebird. apparently they dont like to run right with a bad tb gasket, loose plenum bolts, and a non-seated injector rail. i knew i should have looked over his shoulder a little more.

Friday night we did a little house hunting out of boredom, and found one we really like (he's ready to move out of his parents house too). 2 car garage, and a 40x60 pole barn. what more could 2 car guys need?

Saturday we went to the junkyard, i found the rest of my second hydro clutch setup, i'll be going back on Saturday to pull it. Satruday night went and showed his girlfriend the place, she really likes it too. calling to set up an appointment with a realtor in the am to go have a closer look.

today i started to go out and work on cleaning my garage some more, but upon doing so, realized that if im just going to have to move it all, its pointless, so i've been sitting here all day.

andrew, are you going to run the 8" lift and 35s? those tires will look TINY under that lift!
1FaastC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 02:07 AM   #10
Dirty Dan
Oh Look Out!

I pretty much just drove a little in the truck, and got some gas. Oh, and I ate lots of ice cream, Chocolate, with little brownies mixed in. I was like this afterwards----> .............

"I have a lot of growing up to do...
I realized that the other day inside my fort" - Zack Galifianakis.

Last edited by Dirty Dan; 08-23-2004 at 02:10 AM.
Dirty Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 02:20 AM   #11
Russell
Professional Grade

I got my tach dash, and started cleaning it up / spraying it chrome for the installation tommorow. Also discovered that my truck got all dented up by hail when I was out of town
Old 08-23-2004, 05:34 AM   #12
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

I ran the main power line through the house attic and out to the new shop. Man I hate attics in August!! Hopefully this next weekend we'll get the main connections made at the shop and I'll finally have some power.

Truck, I actually did and accomplished something worth while. Pulled the drivers door on the 82 and put in new hingepins/bushings and straightened out the lower hinge. I think door fits better now than it came from the factory. Also replaced the tailgate bumpers so it doesn't rattle quite as much.

Next battle is to finish trying to find the source/problem giving me the tapping sound in the engine.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:41 AM   #13
bluex

I drove mine most of the weekend! Seems to be doing good. I didnt have the lockup wired up yet (got that done today) and it dosent like running around here on the two lanes at 55 or so. It goes back and forth between 3-4 a little more than I like. Wired up the choke on the carb, mounted the new vac switch and wired it all to the inside. I put it on a switch as I have yet to mount the brake cancel switch. Hid all the wires in the looms. All I need is a piece of vac hose and its ready. Mounted my tranny cooler to, but instead of running the hoses through the core and risking them chafing I'm gonna pick up some bulkhead connectors and do it right, probably weds/thrus when I'm off.
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 09:41 AM   #14
Low87on20s
Live from Atlanta

I actually drove the 87 outside the neighborhood for the first time since the end of April, and I probably put 50 or so extra miles on it. I took it Saturday morning to a local meet and greet of board members from this board. I finally met Grim Reaper. We all had a good time talking and looking over each others trucks. Some pictures are located in this thread here.

http://64.246.42.114/vboard/showthre...=114011&page=2
Old 08-23-2004, 10:47 AM   #15
wedgemon

Cool

I hit the drags with the boy Friday night. (no, I didn't run - but coulda smoked the other '80 Scottsdale there!) Junkyarded saturday for black wishield trim and scored an exact (correct numbered) Q Jet for $15! (just in case the smog nazis don't like my 1406 next year). Also, installed a slider window and laid the groundwork with the wife for a new sound system.

Wish me luck on that!

RETIRED: 1980 Scottsdale 4x4

Founding Member:
"TILT WHEEL BELLY." Club
wedgemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 10:52 AM   #16
Prerunner1982

saturday i got up to go get a paper and the truck wouldnt get out of its own way. I took wifes car to get paper and decide to wait until after lunch to start on truck. I pulled the exhaust and worked on the collectors. On the passenger side the "flange" on the pipe had rusted and broken, so i JB welded that back and its good as new now. I then looking into the engine problem....i discovered that the distributor cab only had 2 of the locks holding it down. figured after my lil mudding last weekend the distributor probably had crap up in it. i pullled the cab and cleaned the rotor and contacts inside the cap. She ran great after that.. took it to the car wash and cleaned her up real now, now i have some "blingin rims"

Sunday.. get up and head out about 6:10am for work, and the truck is doing the same thing. i managed a top speed of 35 mph on the way to work and that was with 3/4-1 mile stretch. I checked the cap before i headed home about 7pm and it was tight, going to go ahead and replace wires and plugs today..any maybe battery. if that doesnt fix it i am not sure, maybe cap and rotor...or fuel filter that is only a few months old....
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 01:14 PM   #17
Grim Reaper

Hit the meet on Satuday and met low 87, Pannel Deland and a few others. We all ate at the Varsity and got gas. Be glad you missed the lunch low87
Cruised my 75 for a good bit on Saturday. I probably put 120 miles on it. Wish I didn't have to get rid of it but I just have too many toys and the insurance if adding up.
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 06:16 PM   #18
cliffsta
Stepsides RULE

waxed my mom's van, hung out with 50 of my nearest and dearest friends at the local car hangout, watched the stock car race, and did some homework.
Oh yeah and on my truck, i used a longer screw on my replacement door panel driver side as the one that came with the panel was no good. So now the door rattle is lessened.
2009 Kawasaki KLX-250S too many mods for this signature
1999 Honda Accord EX 4-cylinder, 17" Motegi Wheels 215/45/17 Sumitomo tires, Tein S-Tech lowering springs, KYB GR2 shocks, Acura TL 20mm rear swaybar, debadged, blackhoused headlights, Short-Ram Intake
Cardomain of the Accord
cliffsta is offline   Reply With Quote