The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-04-2008, 02:55 PM   #1
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Before and After Frame Picture

Sooo, I pulled the bed off of my truck a few days ago and just started digging into this thing. I'm planning on painting the frame with semi-gloss black, after I finish doing all of the prep work. Today I took the wire wheel to the top and sides of the frame and was amazed at how much of the stuff came off with just a smidge of elbow grease. Take a look for yourself at the before and afters and tell me what you think

Before:

By dylanandrews, shot with DSC-P200 at 2008-06-01

After:

By dylanandrews, shot with DSC-P200 at 2008-06-04

Before and After Comparison Photo (After being washed down):

By dylanandrews, shot with DSC-P200 at 2008-06-04
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
*Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:00 PM   #2
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Re: Before and After Frame Picture

Wow... what a difference! Be sure to post some after paint pics as well.

Good luck with the rest of the cleaning!

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:28 PM   #3
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Will do, get the joy of spending about 115.00 on paint and prep products this Friday. Gotta love how Por-15 is pricey, hope it holds up to what I've heard about it.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
*Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
exmonkeypunk
Barrito Loco Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967 C10 Dylan View Post
Will do, get the joy of spending about 115.00 on paint and prep products this Friday. Gotta love how Por-15 is pricey, hope it holds up to what I've heard about it.
No worries for you in that department. You will not be dissapointed with the por-15. Well worth the money spent for the kit. you'll see what i mean when you get the finished product. You'll never have to worry about it again.
exmonkeypunk is offline   Reply With Quote