The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
danheit

Moral Dilemma: How long should I wait?

So a little back story, I sold my 1955 TF project #1 to a guy from Canada in very early March. He paid $1200, and has been quite the painful and expensive process to get the truck ready for him to take back to Canada. Keep in mind the guy came down and purchased the truck in person. He was supposed to have it picked up by a transportation company fairly early on, although I did hold him off in the beginning as he wanted me to take the open title from the previous owner (not signed over to anyone), and have it titled in my name and then sign it over to him. A bit of a pain, and cost me $200 everything said and done, but whatever. That was a 2 week process. Here it is half way through May and the truck is still sitting in my driveway. He has supposedly contacted several different shippers to have them come pick the truck up, but nobody has come through. Once again, he is supposed to have a shipper here at my house tomorrow to get the truck (negating the fact that I have to work all day), and I still have heard nothing from the shipper/transport co. He told me if it isn't picked up by tomorrow, that he will be going out of town for 2 weeks and would take care of it then.

Basically, at what point do I start charging a storage fee and eventually tell him tough luck? I have never been, and never want to be one that takes advantage of someone, but this can't go on forever. I have had contact with him about once a week via email, and have explained to him something needs to happen quickly, with no results. What would you guys do? Sending him back the $$ isn't gonna happen, as it is all tied up in the new motor for my other '55 TF project I am working on. I really don't need another truck, but I'm not a car lot either.
danheit is offline   Reply With Quote