The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
J_PEPIN87

Need help asap

Well i got the big block in my truck got everything bolted and went to start it for the first time and i barely got it running.wat i mean by this is that the starter was dragging a lot.got the engine running for like 5 minutes at 2k rpms and everything was good, good oil pressure,temp wasnt dat hot,no unusual sounds at least that i could hear over the exhaust.and then the throttle came loose(i didnt have it hooked up) and the engine died. After this i tried to get the engine running again it would barely turn over so i thought it was the battery.got a fully charged battery and the same thing.went to turn the crank over by hand and is extremely tight even with the plugs out i can barely turn it over.my question is should it be this tight?the engine is a complete rebuild.i have asked several guys and they say dat is normal for it to be this tight,i just dont want to mess anything up.
J_PEPIN87 is offline   Reply With Quote