The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2024, 11:39 AM   #1
Mike_The_Grad

1973 k10 hydroboost conversion questions

Hey everyone, I'm in the middle of doing an LS swap on my buddies 73 k10. We decided to do a hydroboost conversion at the same time because the cam he picked doesn't make enough vacuum for power brakes. I already have the hydroboost unit with matching master cylinder that also matches the power steering pump. I already got the hoses and adapters for the original stock steering gearbox. The hydroboost unit is already mounted to the firewall with a anti rotation bracket that I picked up on ebay. I also found a hydroboost brake pedal assembly on ebay from a squarebody truck. That's all installed. Came with all of the required small parts, I think. Plus a weird bracket that I honestly have no idea where it goes. So my question is, as I try bolting up the little plate bracket for the brake light stop switch, I have to apply pressure to the pedal in order to get the bracket bolted to the pedal. When I do this the little switch stop plate is pressing up against the bracket that holds the actual stop lamp switch. Which is already preloading the hydroboost unit. I don't even have the master cylinder attached to the hydroboost unit yet. And I feel like it will be preloading the unit. Also, I don't even have the switch mounted to the bracket. But I feel like if I try and thread the switch into the bracket the plate attached to the pedal won't let it go very far and might even have enough pressure already to pop the switch back but of the bracket. And in it's current position with the plate attached at the pedal rested on the bracket, the brake pedal is really high in comparison to the accelerator pedal.
This is on 73 k10 with lm7 5.3 and 4l60e and np205 transfer case. Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated as it's one of the last few things before I can get it back on the road.

Instagram: Mike_The_Grad
Mike_The_Grad is offline   Reply With Quote