The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2023, 06:03 PM   #1
Roust

Two Steps back. My high school chevy 1950 3100

Hello there

I have been wanting to share my progress on this build since I started a deep tear down a few years ago. But, unfortunately I couldn't get the forum site to give me permission to post anything. Apparently that has changed! So I will try again.

The victim is my 1950 chevy 3100 I bought as my very first vehicle in high school. I bought it in a little town south of Fresno CA. We towed it to my grandma.s ranch and I spent the summer with my uncle learning some basic mechanical skills while working on the truck. When the summer was over I was rewarded with being able to drive the truck back home to L.A.

When I picked up the truck it was slammed with gold spoked wheels, 1970 El Camino front clip, and a S.B 350 swap. All in all it was in very poor order.

Over the years, I have blown up two motors and swapped them out, and have made every mistake known to man while working on the truck.

I never really got into doing paint or body work so I had the truck painted by someone else. Well lets just say it turns out there was almost as much bondo as there was truck. Tweakers will be tweakers.

20 years after getting the truck I decide to do a FULL tear down and rebuild.
All I knew I wanted to do was a Code 504 S10 frame swap kit and an LS motor swap.

Well it snowballed from there.
As the title of the post suggest its all been an ugly learning experience. Lots of backward steps and redoing work. It is proving to be a rewarding yet extremely frustrating experience.

Now I will be turning to fellow forum members for help as I run into the enviable issues.

here is a pic of the truck the last time it ran. Remember, beauty is only skin deep.
Attached Images

Last edited by Roust; 02-04-2023 at 06:17 PM.
Roust is offline   Reply With Quote