The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-18-2003, 09:22 PM   #1
72longbed
Account Suspended

Angry Really Pisses Me Off!!!

Thats It!! I've had it with people/members who say they "definitely" want something I have for sale, therefore closing the door on TRUE SERIOUS BUYERS who are willing to follow thru, and then stop communicating for 3 or 4 days to only then say they changed their FUC%ING stupid minds!!

I'm sorry, but I'm really pissed!! This is two, (2), Junior Members in a row who don't seem to have the COMMON COURTESY to be TRUTHFUL and GENUINE, and have caused me and other members aggrivation and loss!!

Listen up kiddies, DON'T SAY "I want it, consider it sold, I definitely want those, tell everyone else their sold", or anything else remotely fuc%ing like this unless you have the BALLS to follow thru!!!

There, I've said my piece. I know I'm not alone in this experience but that doesn't make it right! Word of advice; DO NOT DO THIS TO FELLOW MEMBERS, NEXT TIME YOUR NAMES WILL BE POSTED!!

Gotta go soak my index fingers from hitting the keys so hard

72longbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 09:52 PM   #2
rage'nrat638
Account Suspended

i am sure i speak for most of us when i say ...we hear you....

it's one thing to inquire.....
get a price....
ask a question.....

i am thankfull for the parts i have bought from the people here

sorry to here about your bad dealings
rage'nrat638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 11:12 PM   #3
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Frustrating, all right, selling or buying. I tried to make a couple purchases (different vehicle, different board) only to have sellers clam up, not answer email or pm etc. ARGGHHH!!!

Some people's children...

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 12:38 AM   #4
cableguy0

i have been on the buying end when the seller backs out or disappears and it sucks so i know where ur coming from
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 06:35 AM   #5
Alvin
Never Done?

I guess I need to say my peice on here since it is, in part, concerning me.

First off, I am NOT a junior member, I have been on this board for over 3 years and have spent well over $5000 due to my dealings here. I bought my truck through this board, and bought most of the parts for my truck through this board.

I was very interested in the lowering coil springs you (72 longbed) had for sale, especially when you quoted me $100/shipped for each pair. Then you told me you weren't quite ready for the expense of shipping all four springs in one box. I asked you to get me a shipping price and I'd let you know what I could do. Well, the shipping price you came back with was too high for me to personally justify buying used springs versus new. I let you know my decision the next time I got online. Sorry I don't live on this board, and I'm not on here everyday (look at my post count), but I don't think that's any reason to say I screwed you out of anything. I'm sorry I wasted your time, but I'm also sorry you wasted mine.

I bought parts from another person that replied to my post for parts. Has been a very smooth transaction. He didn't quote prices with shipping included, and I think that is a better way to do business. It is difficult to quote a price including shipping when you haven't gotten an actual quote on the shipping charges.

My advice, quote all prices with shipping EXCLUDED. Take a look around eBay and see how many auctions are listed as "Buyer Pays All Shipping". That's the easiest, most honest way to do business over the internet.

I've said my peace...I'm done.

Ethel has been sold.
Alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 08:58 AM   #6
Blue Beard

Better to be pissed off than pissed on........

Have done business with board members with satisfied results.

Guess I'm doing good, actually better than ebay. The number of people there that get shafted is getting higher every day.

Everyone vents now and again, considered good for the inner being.
1956 Chev Bel Air
1977 Blazer 2WD For Sale $3000.00
1978 Blazer 2WD For Sale $7000.00
1978 Silverado
2005 Monte Carlo
Blue Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 10:57 AM   #7
72shadetree
KEEP ON TRUCKING

well i think if youre interested in buying or selling a part you should check the board or email several times a day because you snooze you lose.i know what you went through happened to me after i said no shipping the guy really wanted it so i drove 20 miles one way just to get proper packing stuff only to get no reply for several days so i said the hell with it and give to somebody.

71 k20 sons

bassett va
72shadetree is offline   Reply With Quote