The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
jjsledd

Looking at a 67, need help

I love the 67-72 trucks but don't know a whole lot about them. I found one to check out and wanted to see what the "experts" thought. This is what I was told over the phone: 67 1/2 ton, 4 spd, 4x4, has a 292 "overhauled" 30k ago and then pulled out for a V8 swap which never happened, typical rust (cab corners was mentioned specifically), repainted long time ago before current owner, rear brakes need work, says it is complete and truck was running fine before pulling the motor a few years back and motor has been kept inside. So, according to the conversation, I should be able to hook the motor back up, fix brakes, and have a running truck again. Owner is asking $1200.

I know it is hard to tell without actually seeing it, but I'm interested to hear what thoughts are concerning the condition, price, etc. In my limited searches it has been hard to find a 67 4x4, are they really hard to find or have I been missing them? I hope to go see it within the next couple days, so let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance!
jjsledd is offline   Reply With Quote