The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-29-2007, 09:41 PM   #1
benoit454
Chris

Some digital pics of the 84 finally.

Well I know I told you guys after showing you 35mm scans I'd get digital ones so here we go....

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,
http://www.cardomain.com/id/benwa454
benoit454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:56 PM   #2
Ivan D.
glamoros piece o' lowlife

Re: Some digital pics of the 84 finally.

Nice truck! Not too fond of the minis-scoops on the hood, but it's still a nice truck. But, you're missing something real important - the Harley Davidson Cycles decal in the middle of the back window
Old 04-29-2007, 11:24 PM   #3
benoit454
Chris

Yea big old back window is kinda plane jane lol.

My old man wants to get a dark tinted slider and put in, we love them in the summer, both windows down, slider open, wings open, and vents pulled, all kinds of air moving around.

The small scoops are ok, pretty nice now because they are getting less common around here, and it's better then the other we were going to use on it.

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,
Old 04-29-2007, 11:34 PM   #4
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

man, i swapped out my slider for a solid back window years ago! i hated the way the slider looked(and its easy as all hell to break into the truck through it)
ocbaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:26 AM   #5
Malo83
Cruzzzn' Vet

Now that's a Good looking Blue truck are those the original seat covers or recovered? need to recover my bench seat and like that design, she's looking good 454
John
Malo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:40 AM   #6
neverfinished

Quote:
Originally Posted by benoit454 View Post
Yea big old back window is kinda plane jane lol.

My old man wants to get a dark tinted slider and put in, we love them in the summer, both windows down, slider open, wings open, and vents pulled, all kinds of air moving around.

The small scoops are ok, pretty nice now because they are getting less common around here, and it's better then the other we were going to use on it.
Those scoops look much better painted on your truck than they did left black on my white truck. Those scoops are everywhere around here, I see them on newer trucks too. Mine are laying on the garage floor now.
neverfinished is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:53 AM   #7
Ivan D.
glamoros piece o' lowlife

Oh, talking about scoops...

Now THAT's a hoodscoop, fully functional too And I bet my brushguard is stronger than what some of y'all are running
Old 04-30-2007, 10:48 AM   #8
neverfinished

I've got hood scoops on this one but they're factory and for some reason they're on sideways.

neverfinished is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:45 AM   #9
benoit454
Chris

Nice ride man, gotta leave factory ones on there.

John, it's the original seat and cover from 84, only has couple small cracks in the driver's side, les then 2 inches long and it's a bit faded where you sit. other then that it's perfect.

It aint bad, but it needs lowered lol.

Thanks guys.

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,
Old 04-30-2007, 02:16 PM   #10
79underconstruction

shes a beauty
79underconstruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:20 PM   #11
Srubydo1986
The Crazy Machanic

i dont have a scope all i got it the cowl induction for the chevelle. close to a scope but it cool cause it opens and closes automaticly.

* 1970 chevelle 2dr sedan Latest update June 24 2007.

*1957 4 door stationwagon - pink all original needing a good restore (body great, floors bad)

newest additions
1965 shortbed fleet great granddads. Been told im nuts to bring it back from the dead (still going to happen) plans-all stock with a turbo 292 inline 3 speed column shift. and thats it

big block 427 and 5 speed trans and ford 9 inch theyhave no home yet thinking what to put them in

and a 79 c60 trash truck um no idea i have one
Srubydo1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:33 PM   #12
KMK454

Love that truck... and that chrome step bumper, wow! I think I want one of those, mine's silver.

Love the blue on blue, too, real classy. My personal preference is no scoops or windshield visor but if you like it then that's all that matters.

Clean truck

Oh, and the exhaust is awesome looking too!
1991 Camaro B4C
KMK454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:49 PM   #13
boatpuller

nice looking old truck chris..i see your west virginia cell phone hangin there.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:22 PM   #14
benoit454
Chris

LOL yep the old cb radio.

It's not hooked up right now, gotta get a longer cable.

I loved my 76 without scoops or visor, but after having alot of trucks with visors, now it just looks wrong to me without one. I see some of your guys trucks and love them without em, but for me it just didn't seem right seeing it in person. Plus we got it for free anyways, and already had em.

The exhaust is y- pip into straight, no cat, flowmaster 40 single in dual out. it has a nice growl to it for sure. I like it so much I'm going to cut my year old exhaust that still looks brand spanking new on my monte carlo to put dual flowmaster mufflers on it. I have glasspacks now and want flowmasters after having them on the truck.

I'd also love to start customizing this truck, but I don't want to kill the gas mileage and daily driver aspect of it. my monte carlo gets 7.5-10 mpg that's about it, this truck gets 20-25 around town with a 305 ho and 350 transmission.

If I had my choice though and wasn't worried about gas or daily driver, which I'm not worried about a daily, I'd drive it anyways....

I'd do a 4 inch front drop, be it coils cut, spindles and springs or whatever, and a 5 or 6 inch axle flip, or maybe just a 4 inch hanger shackle setup, then run some 275 or 295 50's on 10 inch cragers, or maybe 8's on front.

I am going to buy a molded dash cover later for it, carpet, dye the seat and door panels again, or wrap the dash and door panels in a nice blue material, nothing crazy, something sorta stock, vinyl or tweed or something. Get some aluminum door sills, and threshold plates from LMC, then for the outside make another custom hard tonneau for it like we had on our s-10, and maybe put on a cab fairing just like our s-10. Maybe not though on the fairing.

May end up putting on a roll pan, but I'm a huge fan of chrome, and I like the step aspect and towing aspect of it. Plus if it gets hit it won't damage the roll pan or tailgate, like having the roll pan would.

When we can afford it we are going to buy both bedsides, probably a passengerside door and fender, then the whole truck will be clean, straight metal. The pass. door and fender were dented when we got it, we fixed it pretty good though, but still it's not perfect if you are like us and know exactly how a straight one or perfect one should look.

I would also love to change it to a 4 speed and build a big block or very healthy small block for it, but I like getting decent mileage out of it.

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,