The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-27-2008, 10:28 AM   #1
gintaras

I am new, and I am looking!

Wow, I have a learned a lot in the past few days looking around for clean C-10's

I am looking for a clean long bed with A/C, manual preferred, but I could do an auto..

It seems that everyone wants a SWB, and I know they look a whole lot better than a LWB.. but not only do I still want the utility of being able to pick up mulch and a table set from the hardware store, but I also want to go for the long and low look..

I hate bodywork, I do not want to buy a truck that has had the rockers and cab corners done.. I have done that, and yeah, there are people that can do it right, but at this point I am looklng for a clean, rust-free, original paint truck...

As far as I can tell, the '69-'70 for some reason look more aggressive than the '71-'72. maybe it is the nose?

I have my eye on a '72 LWB right now, and I hope I get her..

I look forward to posting pics of whatever I get.

A little about me.. I started driving S-10's and Sonomas as my first vehicle(s), I have owned 4 of them.. then i got into water-cooled volkswagens and had a 2001 Jetta for a few years which, at the time, was fast at 13.9.. then I got into a new 2004 VW R32, it is a limited run car with only 5000 in the US, with a 3.2L VR6, a 6-speed manual gearbox, and all-wheel drive.. this car is nearly 500 at the moment and has run 12.5 @124 with slipping clutch.. BUT, the car is just too damn labor intensive to work on.. it takes a good 10 hours just to drop the trans... furthermore, it is entirely too expensive... with the dollar weak against the euro, parts are simply skyrocketing for this car.. so, i am parting with it and getting into some all-american muscle..

I can't wait to get into a C-10, if anyone has any tips for me, please reply.

I am in Schererville, IN, and I know there is at least one other here from Schererville, although I haven't met this person.
gintaras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:36 AM   #2
extd56

Re: I am new, and I am looking!

I have a truck that I am going to sell but it is a 71 C20 with a big block. The truck looks like it has never had any body work done to it but the PO did just paint the rof white again. It has the build sheet to it and the glovebox option sheet. It ia an automatic truck. The only rust that I can find in the truck is by the drivers vent has a very small amount, even for my area.
extd56 is offline   Reply With Quote