The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2014, 08:06 PM   #1
PGSigns

Gave the 66 disc brakes and a new stance over the weekend

I have been collecting parts to the disc upgrade on the 66 and got it all together and worked it over the weekend. Truck has a 2/4 CPP springs drop in it before the swap. The plans were to do the 73 to 87 a arm swap and drop spindles with 6 lug rotors. I also did a booster and master cylinder swap. I used a complete setup off a 95 1500 for the booster, master and the proportioning valve. That all went on very nicely with the Captnfab bracket on the truck. I redrilled the petal 1" down and added the adjustable push rod to the booster. I decided to redrill the lower shaft to move the lower control arm 3/4" forward. While at the junkyard hunting the booster setup I was able to snag a set of upper control arm bolts from an early 80's truck. I thought they were longer and would aid in getting the caster improvements. They ended up being about a 1/2" longer. Got the front all installed and headed to the back. I wanted to do a 1" block in the back. I ordered a set of U-bolts from way2lo and machined a set of blocks. I took come measurements and it looked like the pinion needed to come up about 3 degrees to get it back to where it needed to be so the wedge got made into the blocks. It all came out great and the truck sits just like I had hoped. drives and stops well. Gets aligned in the morning and I will post the final specs
Jimmy
Attached Images

1966 BBW long fleet Daily driver
1965 BBW short fleet Sold and going to a good home
1965 Suburban
2003 3500 Duramax
2005 Ultra Classic
PGSigns is offline   Reply With Quote