The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2016, 01:12 PM   #1
FrankenstiensGarage

Starter Help!

Hi,

First time poster so please excuse if this issue has been covered previously. I can't seem to find any content on it...

I am reviving a old farm truck - '67 C10 Fleetside, Inline 6 250. I've redone all the wiring and replaced all spark plugs, wires, distributor, solenoid, coil, carb, battery, battery cables and installed a new electronic ignition. I seem to have a parasitic draw on the battery of 2.15. I have done the fuse panel check multiple times and I can't seem to isolate the issue. I'm down to thinking the alternator is now the problem. But I can't turn it over to perform any checks on the charge or the power it's pulling.

Essentially if the battery is charged up, I can start the truck but it will run for about 5-10min then completely die. After that, when I try to restart, there is absolutely no power being produced to activate the starter. I've even checked the solenoid with at this point, and that seems to have the power to kick the starter but there is no delivery when turning the ignition over.

Greatly appreciate some pointers or tips on how to isolate the draw... Pulling whats left of my hair out at the moment!! Lol

Thanks!
BB
FrankenstiensGarage is offline   Reply With Quote