The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2017, 02:58 AM   #1
'63MurderTruck

Pre-Lube Tool STUCK!

I used a tool that I borrowed from a friend to pre-lube my son's 327. My friend owns a high performance Boat shop and uses this all the time to pre-lube motors.

It got stuck do to "user error". There is a rod that slides 'freely' inside the main assembly.

I installed it fine, pre-lubed the motor great. But then I messed up... instead of grabbing the rod at the top and either pulling it out first, or holding it and pulling the whole assembly out at once, well, I didn't think and I grab the main assembly and pulled up. Now it is STUCK, and I mean REALLY EFFEN STUCK! I hit it with a rubber mallet, used a 36" pry bar, channel locks, tied a strap around it and pulled up so hard that I though I lost a nut. Still nothing, IT WON'T BUDGE.

I believe as I lifted the assembly up, the rod slid off the oil pump and slid over to the side, and now it's "wedged" there. I can lift the main assemble up and down about 2-3", and it will rotate 360, but the 'inner' rod won't give at all.

Any ideas or suggestion on how to get this out?

Thanks in advance.

I've included a pic of the tool...
Attached Images

'63MurderTruck is offline   Reply With Quote