The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-06-2006, 12:06 PM   #1
JRB

67 327 Question

I was working on My 67 yesterday and I noticed that the motor has a large harmonic balancer on it. I was talking to one of my chevy motor guru's and he told me that sometimes chevrolet would put the next model year motor in the previous year vehicle when they would get close to the end of the production year. I am wondering if this is a 68 large gournal 327. I was under the impression that the small gournal motors had the small harmonic balancers on them. The code on the deck is V09I7YH. This is a code for a 327 and from decoding this it was built in September of 67 in Flint Michigan. Being that the new model year started in October of 67 for the 68's this one was built right at the end of the 67 year. I couldn't get to the code on the back of the motor so I am wondering if someone has some info on this.
JRB
JRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:44 PM   #2
barepaint

Re: 67 327 Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRB
I was working on My 67 yesterday and I noticed that the motor has a large harmonic balancer on it. I was talking to one of my chevy motor guru's and he told me that sometimes chevrolet would put the next model year motor in the previous year vehicle when they would get close to the end of the production year. I am wondering if this is a 68 large gournal 327. I was under the impression that the small gournal motors had the small harmonic balancers on them. The code on the deck is V09I7YH. This is a code for a 327 and from decoding this it was built in September of 67 in Flint Michigan. Being that the new model year started in October of 67 for the 68's this one was built right at the end of the 67 year. I couldn't get to the code on the back of the motor so I am wondering if someone has some info on this.
JRB
I can't answer your question but I am really curious about the answer...nice truck in the pic...what year? 65
barepaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:06 PM   #3
JRB

Re: 67 327 Question

64 Shortwide. Its in the middle of a full resto. I am giving it to my Son for his 16th Bday. That isn't far off so I need to get hoppin.
Thanks,
JRB
JRB is offline   Reply With Quote