The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-12-2004, 04:36 PM   #1
crawdad

Frame rails question

Lately I've been trying to recover from an untimely encounter between me on my motorcycle and a deer that couldn't make up his mind which way he wanted to run. Needless to say, I've not been able to do much with my truck for the past several weeks. My brother came up this weekend and he got the bed and front and rear bumpers off for me. I noticed when I was looking at the truck from the front and from several feet back, that the frame rails look like they may be bent. The right side frame rail is straight up and down, but looks to be angled out a little to the right side. The left side looks to be pointing straight ahead, but the bottom of the left side rail seems to be angled to the inside slightly (twisted). Question is, which way are the rails suppose to look? Are they turned out slightly at the very front? Are they suppose to be pointed straight ahead? Would appreciate someone helping me out here. Would really appreciate a straight on photo of the front frame rails without the front clip in place. One more question, if the frame rails are bent slightly, would a good body shop be able to straighten them out for me so that the bumper and everything goes on straight? Thanks for your help.

2012 Silverado LT 1500, 5.3, 6 speed auto
'86 SWB C-10 Silverado
crawdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 05:20 PM   #2
Vince Putt
Hippy

I just took delivery of a 67 SWB donor truck. I stripped the bed and the cab off it today. I took some pictures of the chassis. I can't remember my FOtki account password so I can't post them here. send your email addy to karenp@catvexpress.net and I'll send you the pictures. my normal computer is broke and I'm using the wife's so be sure to use that addy.
Vince Putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 05:56 PM   #3
crawdad

Thank you much. E-mail sent.
Ron

'86 SWB C-10 Silverado
Old 12-12-2004, 08:29 PM   #4
Vince Putt
Hippy

Pictures sent
Vince Putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 10:19 PM   #5
crawdad

Much obliged for the pics Vince. From the looks of it, it would appear mine are indeed tweaked just a little bit at the front. I think a visit to the body/frame shop might be in order.

'86 SWB C-10 Silverado